We are looking for a Data Quality Analyst! Reach out if you are interested and feel free to refer friends/colleagues!
Type of Employment: Contract
Title: Data Quality Analyst
Job ID number: C1015
Brief description of duties:
As a Data Governance Associate, you will provide business analysis and leadership for Data Governance spanning both platforms and projects. . At the core of the role is a detailed understanding of Data Governance principles and the ability to apply them to meet business and regulatory requirements. You will mix project and application support for the management of metadata, controls and data quality in the clients Capital Markets. On projects your focus will be the adoption of Business Data Governance by documenting requirements and facilitating the use and management of Data Governance Applications. You will be called on to find solutions to complicated data issues. Specifically you will have to capture business needs, by understanding client requirements, perform root cause analysis, prepare specification documents, and work with development managers and project managers to prioritize requirements and implement functionality. This role will be also support the clients Capital Markets leaders to manage the day-to-day operations of CM and Enterprise projects, including resource, time and cost management; within any functional business group.
As a member of a dynamic, fast paced team, this role brings strong data analysis skills and leadership, effective written and verbal communication skills, a strong work ethic and a demonstrated capability to multi-task effectively. This role requires strong interpersonal, organizational and problem-solving skills as well as a demonstrated sense of urgency to respond to changing priorities at times. This is complemented by a positive attitude and a willingness to take accountability for results achieved.
- Support Capital Markets Business Lines and Regulatory Programs in the adoption of Data Governance Principles and use of the enterprise Business Glossary platform
- Document and manage Data Quality rules and reports
- Ensure Capital Markets Business Meta Data, Stewardship Role, Data Quality, Lineage and Data Controls are up to date and correct for internal and regulatory reporting
- Provide BAU support for Data Governance applications like IBM’s Information Governance Catalog and Collibra
- Drive the facilitation of data issue management, by capturing facts, performing root cause analysis, framing the problem, creating option summaries and recommending a resolution based on operational and costs impact.
- Conduct detailed analysis of current data flows and outstanding issues to ensure there are adequate controls.
- Partner with business users in order to fully understand and capture all relevant business requirements
- Build and maintain strong relationships with business users at both senior and junior levels
- Capture and document business requirements, design and modelling of solutions, and work with development teams throughout system implementation and delivery
- Pro-actively communicate and collaborate with business clients to analyze functional requirements and deliver the appropriate artifacts as needed: business requirement documents, functional specifications, data specifications, use cases, workflow analysis, reports and user-interface layouts and designs, test cases, etc.
- Ensure that new solutions address immediate business needs, while ensuring system alignment with global technology strategy and application roadmaps
- Conduct data analysis in support of applications and projects, including identifying and documenting business rules, data needs and data specifications
- The Data Governance Analyst works with the project manager, development manager, developers, business analysts and quality assurance teams to ensure that the program/project is delivered on time and within budget
- Work with business leaders, program managers, internal and external auditors to review business controls and its data quality, facilitate test plan and audit activities. Ensure action plans address business controls gaps being identified by leaders and auditors
- Support implementation of data governance strategy and framework. Provide business analysis and supports to enhance current business operations and data models on both structured and unstructured data
- Manages a small program/project portfolio and service cross-functional transformation initiatives, and monitor the quality of milestone artifacts, project and program reporting, and project governance
- Provides Program Manager and the clients Capital Market leaders with visibility into project progress, while supporting effective decision-making, approvals, change management and direction
- Undergrad degree in Finance, Economics, Computer Science, Engineering, Math or a related field
- 3+ years of experience in the financial services industry, and working with financial products such as: Equities, Fixed Income, Foreign Exchange, and related Derivatives products
- Strong understanding of the data lifecycle, including strong focus on data governance
- Prior experience with BCBS 239 or any of the following Regulatory initiatives- Basel II, Basel III, Dodd Frank, FBO and Volcker Rules
- Experience using business analysis and requirements modeling tools, such as: data flow diagrams, relationship data models, business process modelling
- Working knowledge of SQL to generate custom queries and analysis
- Experience using business and data visualization tools, such as Tableau
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to develop project plans, manage individual deadlines and goals
Nice to Have:
- Experience with implementing and supporting Data Quality reporting
- Experience to lead Business Process and Controls activities and/or Data Quality rule development and implementation
- Data Elements and associated Data Quality functional & process knowledge
- Working knowledge of Collibra, IBM Information Governance Catalog and Information Analyzer
- Knowledge of project metrics, including gathering, reporting, trend analysis, creation, and metrics
- Knowledge of business and management principles involved in strategic planning, resource allocation, and change management
- Advanced user proficiency with computer applications, such as Microsoft Office Suite and MS Project
- Knowledge of risk assessment (including cost/benefit analysis) and quantification methodologies
- Project Management qualification, e.g. PMP or PRINCE II
- CFA or graduate finance or quantitative degree
|Job Category||QA Analyst|
|Financial services industry||3+|
|Equities, Fixed Income, Foreign Exchange, and related Derivatives products||3+|