We are looking for a Data Modeler/Data Architect! Reach out if you are interested and feel free to refer friends/colleagues!
Type of Employment: Contact
Title: Data Modeler/Data Architect
Term: 6-month contract – 40 hours
Location: Toronto – Hybrid, 2-days on-site a week
Job ID number: C1078
Brief description of duties:
- Work with the direction of the senior data architecture to design, implement and document logical and physical data modeling and meta-data solutions to support the expansion of core financial data availability in our strategic data repositories.
- Understanding of the data solutions to incorporate best practices to produce appropriate relational, dimensional data models, apply attribute domain name conventions, definition storage, and provide the meta-data of the data modeling solution for target data dictionaries and data catalogs.
- Understanding of modeling concepts (Kimball, Inmon) and ACID compliant strategies
- Understanding of ETL/ELT strategies and concepts
- Implementation of the data catalog to structure and populate meta-data dictionaries and business glossaries, which will compliment the work of the logical and physical data modeling for the same project.
- Other data catalog activities will include the testing of meta-data tooling, supporting the management and governance of meta-data in our data catalog, and helping to automate the population of meta-data in our data catalog.
- Contribute to defining the modeling process to embed within SDLC and practices to ensure share responsibilities for data modeling and safe keeping of modeling artifacts.
- Understand the data migration needs between platform such as Azure Synapse Analytics and Snowflake.
- Work with the development team to implement the migration, i.e. conversion of database objects to target system
- Work with business stakeholder, data scientists to determine metadata querying requirements.
- 5-10 years of data modeling experience using Erwin, Embarcadero, or similar tool, to build logical and physical data models in target databases
- 2-3 years experience working with/designing and populating a meta-data solution, a business glossary, or data dictionary
- Subject area modeling expertise – financial institutional data management.
– portfolios, securities, legal entities, hierarchies, and facts related to positions, transactions, and performance.
- SQL expert
- Expert knowledge of metadata management and related tools.
- Technical documentation
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills for presenting and interviewing.
Nice to haves:
- Parallel processing database and columnar based (Synapse, Snowflake)
- Relational (SQL Server, Oracle) for purpose of modeling for query and ETL performance
|Erwin, Embarcadero, or similar tool
|Working with/designing and populating a meta-data solution, a business glossary, or data dictionary