Posted 4 weeks ago
We are looking for a Data Lead/Architect! Reach out if you are interested and feel free to refer friends/colleagues!
Type of Employment: Contract
Title: Data Lead/Architect
Term: 4-months – 37.5 hours/Week
Job ID number: C1174
Brief description of duties:
- Lead and provide data stewardship expertise for the CEBA program to deliver a given mandate or resolve the most complex data-related issues across multiple stakeholders including internal business, technology and external partners
- Work with 3rd parties and partners in defining and implementing all data governance efforts. These efforts should be directly aligned to delivering measurable business value by supporting critical strategic initiatives, value streams, and underlying business capabilities.
- Lead the data and reporting functions across the program ecosystems while supporting the data owners in the CEBA Program.
- Review and analyze the current state of data within the CEBA program, the required reports and extracts, the proposed data strategy and then make recommendations on actions and plans to achieve outcomes.
- Collaborate and coordinate with 3rd parties to develop and maintain data strategies, models and data management infrastructures to support the analysis and resolution of high-complexity issues related to business metadata and data quality.
- Understand data management capabilities and the IT landscape to communicate well with business owners, technical data teams, Financial Reporting Teams and all internal and external stakeholders.
- Understand and assess the program’s current data governance capabilities and data environment and build out a future state that is right-sized and relevant.
- Present complex or conflicting situations/issues to stakeholders.
- Lead informative well-organized presentations and facilitate sessions to review requirements and identify gaps; ability to bring others to agreement around a set of ideas to achieve the goal or bring about beneficial resolution
- Deliver clear, complete and usable documentation, that is right sized for the product, and that the intended audience can validate to support the sign-off process; and is serviceable for the technical project members to deliver the solution
- Provide expert data management advice and recommend changes to the CEBA Program.
- Provide strategic advice to the business on interpreting and applying various data management directives, including but not limited to data classification, data retention and disposal, and metadata.
- Participate as a subject matter expert to establish data quality criteria and thresholds to ensure data quality.
- Ensure data is of high quality and is fit for use by all data stakeholders
- Support Business Leads in the UAT process, explain the testing result and enable CEBA Program sign-off.
- Respond, analyze and resolve technical enquiries and issues related to CEBA data and reporting.
- Ensure that the data management practices of the CEBA program align with the data governance, data quality and data standards for Enterprise Data Solutions at EDC
- Strong familiarity with data management process, tools, techniques, reporting at an advanced level.
- Experience managing vendors to achieve delivery outcomes
- Experience at working both independently and in a team-oriented, collaborative environment is essential.
- Adept at conducting research into project-related issues and products.
- Experience in Stakeholder Engagement
- Familiarity with Business Process, Documentation and Training
Nice to Haves:
- Can conform to shifting priorities, demands and timelines through analytical and problem-solving capabili
- Reacts to project adjustments and alterations promptly and efficiently.
- Flexible and adaptable during times of change.
- Persuasive, encouraging, and motivating.
- Ability to elicit cooperation from a wide variety of sources
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Ability to use persuasion, influence, negotiation and conflict resolution skills
|Job Category||Data Architect|