We are looking for a Data/Information Architect! Reach out if you are interested and feel free to refer friends/colleagues!
Type of Employment: Contract
Title: Data/Information Architect
Term: 12-month – 37.25 hours
Job ID number: C1267
Brief description of duties:
The client is looking to procure services of a Data/Information Architect to participate in the delivery of an effective and efficient pan-Canadian healthcare information exchange for primary health care standardized data.
The client and their partner are working together to achieve the goal of a digitally – enabled health system where personal health information flows seamlessly across the health system, patients have ready access to their own health information, care providers have seamless and timely access to all relevant patient information at the point of care, and near real-time data is available for care planning and to better inform health system planning and performance. To achieve these, systems must be able to communicate and exchange standardized information with other systems efficiently and securely to support clinical collaboration and transitions of care.
Provincial and territorial jurisdictions are at different stages of maturity in their digital health implementation. Their priorities are evident in their health system roadmaps which are grounded in local context. They are at varying stages of technology implementation, policy supports, and digital health maturity, with varying resource support and capacity for adoption and change.
The client and their partner are collaborating to drive forward on three key goals needed to advance digital health interoperability, beginning with primary and acute care settings:
- availability of health data in a common, standardized format,
- secure exchange of data in and across health care settings, and
- online access for Canadians and clinicians to personal health information.
In direct support of these goals, The client and their partner are working with provincial and territorial jurisdictions and other key stakeholders to develop common data standards for interoperability, including data content and exchange standards. These standards are the backbone of health data in the health sector and need to be consistently defined, implemented, adopted, and maintained regularly, as they form the common rule book to enable and advance interoperability across all settings in the Canadian health system.
- Represent the in discussions with other external organizations;
- Works closely with various internal stakeholders including analysts and architects to gather their input on data concepts and solutions;
- Review and understand existing healthcare concepts and models in collaboration with key national, provincial, and territorial stakeholders;
- Create a business context model for primary health care;
- Apply data architectural and design experience to the creation of Information/data architecture that supports solutions that meet business needs;
- Create a Common Content Data Model that:
- Covers pan-Canadian space
- Includes concepts, definitions, and relationships
- Includes a business glossary;
- Assess current health landscape for relevant information, data models, and standards to determine future architecture (e.g. HL7 RIM, FHIR, SNOMED CT);
- Collaborate on the definition of related data standards and data requirements;
- Provides subject matter expertise and technical leadership on the data architecture discipline;
- Ensures that interoperability capability, data consistency, data lifecycle, technological risks are all addressed in the data architecture;
- Documents, communicates, and disseminates data architecture solution and alternatives to various audiences;
- Identifies risks and works with the project team to develop mitigation plans;
- Responds to requests and evaluate recommended approaches from a data perspective;
- As required, assist in tactical planning for further development; and,
- Collaborate with technical resources on development and promotion of data standards.
Nice to haves:
- Good understanding of International Patient Summary(IPS)
- Experience with HL7 (includes HL7 v2, v3 RIM, CDA or FHIR)
- Familiarity with key health care terminologies and classifications (such as, SNOMED-CT, LOINC, ICD-10-CA/CCI, etc)
- Experience with business vision, strategy and roadmaps
- Familiarity with data management best practices e.g. DAMA-DMBOK. Experience with Metadata and Data Governance
- Knowledge of TOGAF, Zachman or other architecture frameworks.
|Job Category||Data Architect|