We are looking for a Data Engineer! Reach out if you are interested and feel free to refer friends/colleagues!
Type of Employment: Contract
Title: Data Engineer
Term: 6 months contract with extension
Location: Toronto – Remote for now
Job ID number: C1279
Brief Description of Duties:
Project Information: To convert SAS datasets to Parquet
The project is undergoing a transformational move to an open-source analytical environment – using R and Python. A component of this project is to convert the client’s analytical data assets from SAS database format to Parquet.
- Converts historical data from SAS database to Parquet.
- Works closely with teams to develop and transition ongoing production process of analytical assets (currently coded in SAS and stored as SAS datasets) to be coded using Python (leveraging Pyspark) and stored in Parquet.
- Recommends improvements and enhancements to conversion processes and ongoing production of analytical assets.
- Prepares documentation required related to the results of the conversion (e.g., differences in converted data that will impact use by analysts).
- Evaluates all work is completed in compliance with the client’s Privacy and Security Policies and Procedures and migration project practices.
- Meets timelines and milestones by monitoring deliverables. Identifies, reports, and helps solve potential risks and issues.
- Coaches and mentors staff in data conversion techniques.
|Job Category||Data Engineer|