We are looking for a Data Engineer! Reach out if you are interested and feel free to refer friends/colleagues!
Type of Employment: Contract
Title: Data Engineer
Term: Contract – 12 months with extension
Location: Toronto – Hybrid – twice a week
Job ID number: C1378
Brief Description on Duties:
This Senior software & data engineer position will play a key role in solution design, implementation and integration of tools and technologies that are part of our Compliance, Surveillance & Supervision area. It will include integrating upstream systems within the bank with a core product and building robust and maintainable data pipelines and data analytics engines.
A Software Engineer with Data integration experience and background in Application Architecture, Design / Deployment and Testing, Product Certification, Real-time Event Driven Systems, Application Integration, Application Monitoring and Management, Databases and Application Integration with knowledge of Java, JMS, Pythion, REST, and SQL is best suited for this role. We’re looking for a strong and confident technical leadership profile with a strong emphasis on quality and best practices. Ideally, candidates should have 8+ years of experience in senior software engineering roles, with a history of project commitment, seeing software projects through from design and review to test and development, from initial deployment to production and with a customer-centric approach.
As part of our team, you will contribute towards the future strategy and technology direction of our technology platform, implement, and maintain high quality code to best practices, take part in capacity planning and design activities, and work with colleagues within the TDS Compliance team and beyond to help deliver best-in-Class TD systems.
Desired Interpersonal Skills
- Takes great personal pride in building robust software
- Strong sense of ownership
- Passionate about programming and computer science
- Enjoys working in a fast-paced environment
- Has excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Has strong customer focus
- Experience with data integration, data storage, ETL – 5+ years
- Experience with Java – 5 years
- Experience with Python scripting – 2 years
- Experience with Messaging Systems and Paradigms (e.g. Solace, Kafka, etc.) – 2 years
- Experience with Enterprise integrations with vendor applications – 2 years
- Experience with UNIX, Linux as the operating systems – 2 years
Nice to Haves:
- Experience with the following preferred:
- Implementation experience for the NICE Actimize Platform, NASDAQ SMARTS
- Understanding of Workflow Engines (e.g. Drools)
- Detailed knowledge of how reference data is used by Front, Middle, and Back Office applications
- Detailed understanding of transaction lifecycle: like order-execution or payment-confirmation life cycles
- Understanding of DevOps Tools and the Agile Methodology
- Compliance (AML, Surveillance and Supervision)
- Capital Markets (Familiarity with Asset Classes and Products)