We are looking for a Data Engineer! Reach out if you are interested and feel free to refer friends/colleagues!
Type of Employment: Contact
Title: Data Engineer
Term: 6-month contract – 37.5 hours
Location: Remote – York, Artia or Waterloo
Job ID number: C1108
Brief description of duties:
Data Engineer is an important role that strives to reconcile the corporate data landscape with the business requirements as defined by the Application Services Team. In this role, the Data Engineer will perform analysis and provide designs/solutions for various projects consistent with the corporate data architecture. The Experience Platform (XP) is a modern platform providing world class interactions for our Clients, Advisors, and Partners. This Platform will deliver data and analytic services through approaches such as streaming, APIs, micro-services (containerization), and cloud services.
What will you do?
- Will play an active role in Mongo engineering across – Full lifecycle implementation from requirements analysis, platform selection and setup, technical architecture design, application design and development, testing, and deployment
- Work with business users, SMEs, peer developers and other analysts to deliver high quality data models, architectural designs
- Develop MongoDB schema design by applying the suitable design patterns based on specific use cases.
- Develop and maintain conceptual, logical, and physical data models
- Contribute to analysis, solution design, development, and implementation of operational and data warehouse projects.
- Setup the physical data model including all physical database configurations such as indexes, tablespaces, table partitions, table constraints, relationships, etc.
- Drive innovation by keeping current on relevant data trends via researching, presenting, and accurately articulating the benefits and goals of data architecture related technologies, such as Big Data, Cloud technologies, Kafka, and NoSQL
- Expect to work with a fast-paced large agile team on complete software delivery lifecycle.
What’s in it for you:
- Competitive salary and bonus structure influenced by market range data
- Pension, stock, and savings programs to help build and enhance your future financial security
- An environment of continuous learning and improvement
- The opportunity to move along a variety of career paths with amazing networking potential
- Has designed high performant Mongo DB Collections, Document schemas.
- Has hands on experience on data sync strategies from Kafka to Mongo Sync connector-based architectures.
- Has extensive architecture, design and implementation experience on MongoDB
- Has architected, designed and implement shading and indexing strategies for MongoDB
- Strong analytical and problem-solving abilities
- Experience in Database design, administration, and security management
- Knowledge of MongoDB administration, installation, troubleshooting in AWS environments
- In-depth understanding of MongoDB architecture
- 10+ years of overall experience in IT. Experience with databases in Commercial cloud (Google Cloud Platform, Azure, AWS), SQL Server, Oracle, DB2, PostgreSQL and Redshift is preferred, and IMS (optional),
- Strong working experience of data modeling, data warehousing, metadata management, database design and development 5+ years.
- Logical and physical data modelling – 7+ years (dimensional and 3NF). In addition to all the traditional modelling techniques, the incumbent must also possess the knowledge to create logical data models using the Class Modelling technique as well the Generic Data Modelling approach.
- Experience with data modeling using Power Designer and/or ER/Studio (for mongoDB)
- Familiar with MongoDB Schema Design Patterns and the applicable use cases, solid design and working experience with MongoDB – 2+ years
- Excellent communication, presentation, and interpersonal skills
Nice to haves:
- Provide technical and data leadership to the application development group, IT, and the enterprise.
- Work closely with key client and IT stakeholders in understanding business needs and recommend solutions.
- Collaborate with domain and enterprise architects for delivery in compliance to strategic enterprise direction
- Create and maintain data architecture, data management standards and conventions, data naming standards, and metadata standards to ensure effective availability, scalability, security, and integrity of data assets.
|IT. Experience with databases in Commercial cloud
|Logical and physical data modelling
|Data modeling, data warehousing, metadata management, database design and development