We are looking for a Data Engineer! Reach out if you are interested and feel free to refer friends/colleagues!
Type of Employment: Full-time
Title: Data Engineer
Location: Across Canada – Hybrid or Remote
Job ID number: C1075
Brief description of duties:
We are a leading Canadian financial services co-operative committed to being a catalyst for a sustainable and resilient society and our team is essential to deliver on this strategy. That’s why we prioritize our people, to ensure we provide a strong culture and development opportunities which enables our team to thrive and to live our purpose. The best part is that you will work with people that care passionately about you, our clients and our communities.
Our Business Intelligence team empowers decision making using leading edge science and analytics. We champion a scientific culture through our passion for continuous learning, diversity and innovation. We strive to deliver a single version of truth, by providing our business partners with access to comprehensive data and valuable insights to help our organization achieve operational excellence.
As a data engineer within our Data & Analytics Engineering team you will contribute to building a strong data engineering practice, bringing your experience and expertise to influence and define our way or working and setting high engineering standards for our solution delivery teams.
How you will create impact:
- Contribute to the definition of standards, processes, and tools that enable the full software development lifecycle, supporting continuous integration and delivery ensuring that solutions are tested, documented, maintainable, scalable, error-resistant, and limit technical debt.
- Implement and maintain infrastructure as code within the Azure ecosystem, building pipelines that enable our partners to deliver applications and analytics.
- Deliver and support the delivery of quality data products and quality solutions through which data flows striving to provide accurate, complete, consistent, timely and valid data to analysts and scientists.
- Construct, test, reconcile and document BI solutions.
How you will succeed:
- You have an innovative mindset to improve operational efficiencies and ability to influence change, with a primary focus on client needs.
- You use critical thinking skills to recognize assumptions, evaluate arguments, draw conclusions, and proactively propose solutions.
- You have strong communication skills to clearly convey messages and explore diverse points of view.
- You build trusting relationships and provide guidance to support the development of colleagues.
- You have 5 years of relevant Data or DevOps Engineering experience.
- You have a University Degree in Computer Science or equivalent technical experience.
- Exposure to the use of job-related applications, appliances and programming languages (Azure Synapse) is an asset.
- You have experience with cloud-based DevOps tools (Azure DevOps is preferred).
- Experience working with Scala, PySpark and/or other data engineering tools is an asset.
|Job Category||Data Engineer|
|Data or DevOps Engineering||5|
|Cloud-based DevOps tools (Azure DevOps is preferred)||5|