Posted 6 months ago
We are looking for a Data Engineer! Reach out if you are interested and feel free to refer friends/colleagues!
Type of Employment: Contract
Title: Data Engineer
Term: Full-time – 37.5 hours
Job ID number: C1218
Brief description of duties:
- Contribute to the definition of standards, processes, and tools that enable the full software development lifecycle, supporting continuous integration and delivery ensuring that solutions are tested, documented, maintainable, scalable, error-resistant, and limit technical debt
- Deliver and support the delivery of quality data products and quality solutions through which data flows striving to provide accurate, complete, consistent, timely and valid data to analysts and scientists
- Build and support data pipelines, APIs, data integrations, data streaming solutions, predictive model implementations, and more.
- Extract data as required for project analysis or analysis of our book of business using BI tools or programming language (SQL, T-SQL, Azure Synapse).
- Document detailed business requirements including data, security, Dashboards, Visual Insight and Self Service reporting requirements.
- Construct, test, reconcile and document BI solutions.
- Advanced and efficient in using programming language and BI tools.
- 4-7 years of relevant experience.
- University Degree in Business Intelligence, Computer Science, Actuarial Science, Mathematics, Statistics or equivalent technical experience.
- Property and Casualty insurance experience is preferred.
- Exposure to the use of job related applications, appliances and programming languages (Azure Synapse, RStudio, Python, MicroStrategy) is an asset. General programming languages such as Python, Java, C#, Scala, Julia
- Data manipulation and statistical programming languages such as R and SAS
- Source control tools such as Git, GitHub, bitbucket
- CI/CD, REST APIs
|Job Category||Data Engineer|