We are looking for a Data Analyst! Reach out if you are interested and feel free to refer friends/colleagues!
Type of Employment: Contract
Title: Data Analyst
Term: 12-month – 40 hours
Location: Remote – Ontario or Quebec
Job ID number: C1055
Brief description of duties:
- Ensure data integrity, accuracy and quality, attend to the needs of routine management reporting and ad-hoc strategic reporting.
- Perform advanced data analysis for internal stakeholders, report on obtained insights.
- Provide support to data driven projects/tasks and drive automation of reports.
- Support in developing, managing, and executing controls and processes aligned to Procurement policies.
- May act as liaison between business areas and project team stake holders for the development and implementation of new processes/ systems and enhancement of existing processes/systems.
- May prepare communications and make presentations on delivered reports and improved process.
- Data: understand the data and its source; and explain, reconcile and/or mitigate cross-system discrepancies; troubleshoot the reporting database environment and reports
- Analytics: understand user requirements; locate the type and source of data needed; develop approach and strategy to analysis; build metrics, methodologies and/or finance models to facilitate analysis
- Reporting: generate analytic findings or other relevant information into informal or formal reports; visualize data in support of analytic findings; design report in user-friendly fashion and digitized manner; and train end-users on new reports and dashboards.
- Insight: formulate recommendations and/or solutions out of findings to assist in decision-making; propose alternatives when faced with issues; and explore opportunity for improvement
- Communication: communicate needs and wants in day-to-day work, and present and/or elaborate on completed work/project to user
- Compliance: attend to company procedures and processes; and focus on integrity, prudence, and consistency.
- Graduate of bachelor’s degree or above; minimum 5 years of related working experience
- Analytic skills: familiar with financial reporting and analysis, strong presentation and case study skills
- Tools: proven competence in advanced Excel functions (macros and scripts) and other Microsoft applications (e.g. Word, PPT, Visio, SharePoint and Outlook)
- Reporting skills: demonstrated experience in formal reporting (ability in design is preferred)
- Technical skills: strong knowledge of common querying languages (e.g. SQL) and visualization tools (PowerBI); demonstrated experience in handling large data sets and relational databases.
- Communication: high-level written and verbal communication skills; proven ability in translating business requirements into non-technical and lay terms and in communicating insights and plans to cross-functional team members and management
- English skills: fluent speaking, reading, and writing is a must
Nice to haves:
- Proven analytical skills to evaluate information/data from multiple sources, reconcile conflicts, decompose high level information into details and make data-driven strategic recommendations
- Excellent communicator and multi-tasking problem solver
- Self-starter, attentive to details, well-organized and team oriented
- Willing to work on flexible shift