We are looking for a Cyber Security Specialist! Reach out if you are interested and feel free to refer friends/colleagues!
Type of Employment: Contract
Title: Cyber Security Specialist
Term: 12-months – 37.25 hours/week
Job ID number: C1158
Brief description of duties:
The client requires the services of a cyber security specialist to join its existing information security team and assist in day-to-day security operations activities, perform ongoing security monitoring, complete security infrastructure maintenance and upgrades, implement improvements to security infrastructure, provide consulting expertise to projects, and ensure the security infrastructure meets or exceeds information management security requirements and evolves with industry and regulatory changes
- Administer and maintain the client’s security systems and infrastructure (e.g., firewalls, VPNs, vulnerability scanning tools, web proxies, SIEMs, endpoint security solutions, etc.), and security services within the AWS cloud environment (AWS GuardDuty, Security Hub, Trusted Advisor, IAM Access Analyzer, CloudWatch Anomaly Detection, etc.)
- Performing ongoing security monitoring of events reported by security systems, SIEMs, and cloud security monitoring services, and assess, respond to, and resolve security events (incidents, vulnerabilities, threats, and overall risk).
- Respond to security incidents involving malware events on employee laptops, including isolating the laptop, containing the threat, communicating to the affected employee, analyzing the source of the threat, and adjusting existing controls as necessary to prevent recurrence.
- Conduct vulnerability and risk assessments, perform root cause analysis of security incidents, provide recommendations for improvements, and implement the recommendations as appropriate.
- Leverage the security and IT infrastructure to assist the incident response team in resolving critical technical incidents by combining your expertise in both event analysis through SIEMs and network packet captures of network traffic traversing across firewalls, routers, proxies, load balancers, and hosts.
- Assist with the development and maintenance of client’s security policies and procedures.
- Provide recommendations for improvements to existing or new security solutions to improve overall enterprise security.
- Continuously improve and advance client’s IT infrastructure by assessing overall risk and mitigation effectiveness in face of evolving network attacks and threat vectors, as well as changes in industry best practices.
- Document procedures/processes/implementations for reference and knowledge transfer.
- Provide security consulting expertise for the projects as needed.
|Job Category||Security Specialist|