Type of Employment: Contract
Title: Business Systems Analyst
Term: Contract – 6 months with extension
Location: Toronto – Hybrid 2 days/week
Job ID number: C1321
Brief Description on Duties:
We are continuing to evolve how we attract and engage our clients. As the demand for immediate and convenient information increases, our systems, data, and digital properties are that much more important in creating meaningful experiences that inspire and energize our clients and sales professionals.
For a journey this exciting and complex, we’re looking for someone who can combine expert business analysis skills, a strong technical aptitude, a strategic mindset, diplomatic facilitation, and leadership skills to elicit and build requirements that enable exceptional solutions for our Individual Insurance and Wealth business partners.
We operate in a world where time-to-market and evolving business priorities drive our plans. The awesome person who fills this role will need to be resilient, versatile and equally effective in adapting to change as they are following a process.
Looking for a seasoned system analyst with data background and strong communication skills to help with high priority CLOUD migration program the following tasks.
Creation of data mapping to help with data governance.
Data profiling to help understand and scale the data.
Work with business users to understand the input/output datasets.
Document the findings to identify the functional and non-functional requirements for the project.
Work with stakeholders to create Requirement traceability.
Co-ordinate triaging during testing to help validate the defects and monitor defect closure.
Provide oversight on test case execution.
Perform any required gap analysis and feasibility analysis to support the broader program.
What You Get
- The opportunity to help evolve our brand through projects and initiatives that contribute to helping us become one of the best asset management and insurance companies in the world.
- To be part of a dynamic team of professionals in a highly collaborative environment.
- Recognition; everyone is a contributor.
- Opportunities to grow your skills through on the job coaching and formal training.
- To be part of an innovative culture where continuous improvement is valued, rewarded and embedded in what we do.
- Opportunities to socialize and team build through fun activities with coworkers.
What We Get
- Experience in Agile teams and methods such as Kanban and Scrum
- An expert in the application of business analysis core competencies with at least 5 years of experience.
- A strong communicator who listens and picks up on the spoken and unspoken words to excel at delivering, understanding, and interpreting messages through verbal discussions and in writing.
- A talented facilitator who is skilled in negotiation and influencing.
- A strategic thinker who appropriately applies a variety of planning, analysis, elicitation, modelling, and documentation techniques to accurately define and communicate requirements to help successfully deliver on initiatives.
- A collaborative team member who continuously strives to improve the client experience, our team, and our processes.
Ideally, we’ll also get somebody with one or more of the following:
- Knowledge of Insurance and/or Wealth products and business operations;
- Experience with both Agile and Waterfall methodologies;
- Experience with Organizational Change Management;
- Experience with analysis and modelling for both processes and data;
- A College or University degree, preferably in Information Technology, Business Systems Analysis or equivalent experience;
- A Business Analysis professional certification or working towards;
- A technical aptitude and curiosity
How to be successful in this role
- Lead and manage the development of quality BSA deliverables for small, medium and large projects.
- Partner with business partners, vendors, leaders, application development and testing teams to ensure quality solutions that meet the needs and expectations of our business partners and clients.
- Lead, motivate, support, and coach project team members and peers by providing guidance that is appropriate for their knowledge and skill level.
- Understand the technical and operational challenges and objectives that may impact the rollout of an application/process. Use that to drive discussions about solutions and risk mitigation.
- Establish and maintain trusted advisory roles with clients by gathering and analyzing information to provide recommendations that address and resolve business issues.
- Champion the BSA role by actively promoting learning across the team and contribute to the continuous improvement of the practice by leading initiatives.
- Stay current with trends in emerging technologies and how they could apply to us.
|Job Category||Business Analyst|