We are looking for a Business Systems Analyst! Reach out if you are interested and feel free to refer friends/colleagues!
Type of Employment: Contract
Title: Business Systems Analyst
Job ID number: C1069
Brief description of duties:
The Group Customer Technology (GC Tech) team is responsible for delivering technology solutions to our Group Customer business partners for the benefit of advisors, plan sponsors, plan members and staff who support those stakeholders. Our technology professionals make a significant contribution to the company’s business goals through the effective delivery of value-added services.
We are looking for a Business Systems Analyst.
Given the size and scope of our organization, we have the flexibility for this position to be located anywhere across Canada.
This is an exciting time to join the GC Tech organization as we continue to build, enhance and support the technologies and systems that deliver functional value to our Group Customer business partners. As a Business System Analyst on our DevOps team, you will contribute to the ongoing development and sustainment of systems through design, development, support and maintenance activities in addition to the building of new application systems through the modernization and integration of existing legacy systems.
The Business Systems Analyst will work closely with the business and leadership to understand business needs, requirements, and strategic opportunities. Working in a team environment, they are responsible for:
- Representing the business’ requirements,
- Defining and designing the business functionality of the system,
- Ensuring that the system meets the defined business requirements.
- Understanding and defining a strategic vision for key systems based online of business, their needs, known risks and dependencies in partnership with portfolio solutions architects.
- Applying advanced knowledge to help implement solutions to resolve complex problems or capitalize on new ideas, which may be independently or through leading or supporting the collaboration with other stakeholders.
- Applying Agile knowledge and experience to capture and shape business needs and requirements so that they can be progressively refined into Epics and user stories that the Agile teams can work with to deliver value. Helping to uncover and maximize the business/customer/user value of planned initiatives through facilitation, analysis, and modeling techniques. Deep understanding of how Agile teams work and how value flows through the system and gets delivered to the customer.
- Working with the portfolio team and business partners, use intake, triage, and formalized discovery processes to define the problem/opportunity and expected business benefits for each target stakeholder group.
- Working with the portfolio architect and business partners, gather and define enough high-level requirements to develop a high-level system impact assessment, scoped solution, and business case.
- Lead and orchestrate the overall analysis, scoping, estimating, and planning for Small to Medium initiatives
- Lead the elicitation and validation of business requirements using various methods, techniques, and tools
- Define detailed business requirements using waterfall or agile requirement gathering methodologies, functional and non-functional specifications for each work package to be assigned to DevOps squads for detailed design, build and execution.
- Help facilitate the assignment of work packages to DevOps squads for prioritization and execution.
Execution & Operationalization
- Provide support to other squad BSAs, Developers and Quality Assurance Analysts during the detailed, design and build delivery phases.
- Help facilitate the analysis between DevOps squads as business scope, requirements and/or the solution evolves during the delivery lifecycle.
- Work with quality assurance team members to ensure adequate testing and validate that the system meets business needs/expectations.
- Lead and facilitate meetings, walkthroughs, workshops, and reviews of deliverables
- Contribute to training strategies and business implementation planning.
- Help coordinate development and delivery of training & support materials for affected stakeholders
- Accreditation in Business Analysis or equivalent credentials/experience.
- 2-5 years as a Business Systems Analyst in a Technology delivery environment
- Degree in related discipline (Computer Science, Commerce, Business Administration, Management Information Systems, etc) or equivalent combination of training and experience.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills, particularly critical thinking, with a strong attention to detail.
- A focus on understanding the desired business outcomes and delivering to meet those outcomes.
- Customer centric approach to problem solving with the ability to collaborate, resolve conflicts, and reach consensus with others.
- Excellent oral, written and interpersonal communications skills, with the ability to translate complex technical subject matter in business terms for executive audiences, succinctly and professionally and to translate business requirements into technical instructions for software developer audiences.
- Ability to work in a virtual team environment, facilitating and contributing to work across geographies and across other functional teams.
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced, dynamic environment and operating under levels of uncertainty.
- Ability to adapt to changing priorities.
- Ability to grasp concepts quickly and to work independently with minimal direction.
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to manage multiple competing projects and priorities under time pressure without compromising quality.
- Experience working within an Agile Scrum and/or Kan Ban team.
- Experience in both waterfall and agile methodologies.
- Experience working with, or within, a financial services organization.
|Job Category||Business Systems Analyst|
|Business Systems Analyst||2-5|