We are looking for a Business Systems Analyst! Reach out if you are interested and feel free to refer friends/colleagues!
Type of Employment: Contract
Title: Business Systems Analyst
Term: 12-month – 37.5 hours
Location: 1 day a week in office. Either Toronto, London or Winnipeg.
Job ID number: C1186
Brief description of duties:
The Group Life and Health Portfolio Business Systems Analyst is a key interface between various departments within the Group Customer business unit, in support of delivering and sustaining capabilities for the Group Life and Health portfolio. The role will also work closely with vendors as well as business partners in the Policy Administration, Member Administration and Claims business areas.
The Business Systems Analyst will be responsible for collection, analysis, and documentation of business requirements, needs and features, contribute to solutioning discussions and translate business needs and features into developer-consumable functional and non-functional requirements as an input to design, development and testing exercises associated with application development, support, or configuration.
The successful candidate will develop a strong and deep understanding of Group Customer needs and how systems support the core business unit mission.
- Works closely with cross-departmental staff to understand how systems are used to support business functions.
- Works with cross-departmental staff and management to analyze how existing systems may be improved to better support their business functions.
- Works with vendors and cross-business unit staff to deliver new systems and technology solutions.
- In conjunction with development staff, is responsible to plan and analyze data structures for internal and vendor business systems.
- Writes detailed functional and non-functional specifications or user stories for developing or modifying various systems.
- Responsible to support system upgrades and maintenance after implementation during the warranty period.
- Enforce application delivery methodologies, specifications and standards associated with CEO/CFO delivery controls.
- Provide technical documentation and analysis, help administer or contribute to training for users, and support end users during the transition to maintenance period.
- Create use cases for testing, as part of the System Requirements documentation process and work with quality assurance resources to ensure understanding of the requirements and traceability of test strategies, plans and test cases back to business requirements.
- Post-secondary Degree or equivalent experience in Information Technology.
- 3-5 years of relevant Business Systems Analyst experience.
- Experience working as part of DevOps team and in an Agile environment.
- Experience working with outside developers, vendors, and consultants.
- Strong analytical, quantitative, problem solving, and organizational skills; attention to detail; and ability to coordinate multiple tasks, set priorities, and meet deadlines.
- Experience with requirements gathering and documentation of functional and non-functional specifications.
- A self-starter who can work effectively as a member of a team or independently as the assignment requires.
- Demonstrated analytical and computer proficiency necessary.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, ability to build strong relationships with internal clients, and a successful track record of collaboration toward achieving objectives expected.
- Strong technical skills in Microsoft office (Outlook, Teams, PowerPoint, Excel, Word, Access).
- Should be comfortable working on both mainframe, client-server, and web platforms.
- Excellent communication skills both orally and written as communication is internally and externally with clients.
- Ability to work well in a team environment and independently.
- Experience with development or translation of customer personas, journey maps and wireframe into functional and non-functional specifications.
- Knowledge of the insurance industry would be considered a strong asset.
|Job Category||Business Systems Analyst|
|Business Systems Analysis||3-5|
|Experience working with outside developers, vendors, and consultants||3-5|