We’re looking for a Business Systems Analyst! Reach out if you’re interested and feel free to refer friends/colleagues!
Type of Employment: Contract
Title: Business Systems Analyst
Location: Remote for now – Toronto
Job ID number: C1366
Brief description of duties:
The Senior Business Systems Analyst is responsible for leading the analysis of business problems and developing requirements, product specifications, and contribution towards product design efforts.
This role applies advanced knowledge to complex work and supports the project, product, and operations teams by sharing skills and mentoring. This role leads the work to implement solutions to complex problems, which may be independently or through leading or supporting the collaboration with other stakeholders.
Accountabilities will include but are not limited to:
- Experience with Insurance and underwriting systems
- Leads and orchestrates the overall analysis, scoping, estimating, and planning for large or complex initiatives
- Leads the elicitation and validation of business requirements impacting multiple products using various methods, techniques, and tools
- Leads and facilitates meetings, walkthroughs, workshops, and reviews of deliverables
- Develops and delivers training & support materials for affected stakeholders
- Degree in a related discipline (Commerce/Management Information Systems, Business Administration, etc.) or equivalent combination of training and experience;
- Exceptional communication skills, both written and verbal, that is appropriate for the audience;
- Good interpersonal skills and a demonstrated ability to work effectively in a team environment;
- Experience in Insurance and/or Financial Industry would be an asset;
- Good understanding of business principles and experience with a broad range of different types of business functions;
- Understanding of general Technology project methodologies, processes, and practices
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills that rely on a structured approach to problem-solving;
- Effective internal consulting skills with a strong customer service focus;
- Ability to adapt to change and perform effectively under pressure;
- Effective planning and organizational skills;
- Good understanding of information technology
Nice to haves:
- Experience and ability to understand and effectively work with legacy technologies and contribute as legacy applications evolve and are migrated to new platforms would be an asset.
|Job Category||Business Systems Analyst|
|Analytical and problem-solving||5-10|
|Insurance and/or Financial||Asset|