We are looking for a Business Architect! Reach out if you are interested and feel free to refer friends/colleagues!
Type of Employment: Contract
Title: Business Architect
Term: 13-month – 40 hours
Location: Toronto – Remote (Please note: The position will be remote until office reopens at full capacity – or at Manager’s discretion)
Job ID number: C1013
Brief description of duties:
Our client is looking to procure services of a Business Architect to expand the scope of their National Prescription Drug Utilization Information System (NPDUIS) data holding.
NPDUIS contains pan-Canadian claims-level data, focusing primarily on publicly financed drug benefit programs. In the next 5 years, the client would like to expand NPDUIS to include remaining public drug programs, private drug claims, drugs administered in hospital, cancer drugs, and drugs for rare diseases. This expansion will also aim to improve linkages to existing health administrative data to support data analysis and use.
The client is currently undergoing a data migration process to reduce its SAS usage and diversity its analytic toolkit. NPDUIS data is currently hosted on oracle servers which has not yet been connected to the new environment with the expanded analytical tools (e.g., R, Python). The expansion roadmap will need to account for this migration as part of its current state analysis.
The Business Architect to participate in the delivery of these key goals.
- Represent the client in discussions with other external organizations;
- Create relevant current state business models (ex. BPMN, business context model, etc.) that captures the following items:
- Data currently captured in NPDUIS
- Business processes associated with NPDUIS
- Data submitters to NPDUIS
- Standards currently being leveraged
- NPDUIS requirements for a data migration from SAS to R or Python
- Review current state business model with internal stakeholders such as analysts, program consultants, and technical leads;
- Collaborate with internal stakeholders to identify changes to the current system that would be required to support the expansion roadmap;
- Works closely with various internal stakeholders including analysts and program consultants to gather their input on expansion implementation roadmap;
- Identifies risks and works with the project team to develop mitigation plans;
- Review and understand existing healthcare structure and prescription models in collaboration with key national, provincial, and territorial stakeholders.
- Support the environment scan of current drug prescription landscape across the various jurisdictions focusing on cancer drugs, hospital drugs, and drugs for rare diseases.
- Contribute to a gap analysis and feasibility study to identify steps that will need to be taken to expand the scope of NPDUIS, including policy and legislation considerations.
- Work with program area to create NPDUIS expansion roadmap focusing on the gaps previously identified and learnings from key stakeholders.
- Ensure that expansion of NPDUIS data supports linkages to existing health administration data.
- Documents, communicates, and disseminates implementation roadmap solution and alternatives to various internal audiences.
- As required, assist in tactical planning for further development; and,
- Responds to requests and evaluate recommended approaches from a business analysis perspective
Nice to haves:
- Health analytics project and domain experience.