We are looking for a Business Architect! Reach out if you are interested and feel free to refer friends/colleagues!
Type of Employment: Contract
Title: Business Architect
Term: Contract – 6 months with extension
Location: Toronto – Hybrid – three days a week
Job ID number: C1347
Brief Description on Duties
The project teams consist of you, a Sr. IT Business Architect (lead), an Request for Bid Specialist, project leads, product managers, business analyst, subject matter experts and other project team members. The project team will work though the AGP 1 engagement with the LRC Enterprise Architecture team and Corporate Enterprise Architecture Review Board
New Fishing and Hunting Licensing Modernization: Fishing and Hunting Licensing is delivered through the Fish and Wildlife Licensing System (FAWLS). The current contract for FAWLS expires in 2027, the Ministry of Natural Resources and Forestry is developing a RFB for a future state system. Extensive architecture documentation exists from the previous RFB (RFB, AGP 1 documentation), however, updates would be required to fill gaps that changes wrt business needs and functionality, as well as architectural documentation requirements have changed in the interim (e.g. standards and content requirements). Furthermore the project team and business area have been documenting workflows and developing mid-fidelity prototypes, primarily from a service design perspective.
- Analyzes government information pertinent to business architecture, consults with appropriate government contacts on specific business architecture elements and conducts focus group workshops.
- Develops and maintains business capabilities of the enterprise in line with the corporate strategy as well as contributing to the business strategy and plans.
- Develops/revises business architecture artefacts as part of the Enterprise Information Architecture (EIA) Federated Framework and ensures that these are vertically integrated.
- Models business at enterprise and/or core business levels.
- This also includes:
- Design of capability models and related architectural solutions of business tasks, mapping capability functionality to the internal and external resources,
- Developing business transformation plans jointly with senior business management,
- Handling business solutions to the delivery and operational business functions of the company
- Developing and maintaining architectural governance and controls over implementation
- For each step of the business transformation plan, business architects contribute in development of a blueprint of the enterprise in order to promote a common understanding of the organization and alignment of strategic objectives with tactical demands.
Experience and Skill Set Requirements
Enterprise Architecture Engagement Leadership Experience (40 %)
- Total IT experience of at least 10 years, out of which 5 years doing Business Architecture on large complex projects
- Excellent communication, concept visualization, facilitation, stakeholder management, negotiation, consensus building, and problem- solving skills.
- Experience collaborating with executives and senior management.
- Successfully completed Business and Information Architectures at the enterprise and/or core business levels for governments or large organizations
- Contributed to the successful transformation of government or large organization program delivery by applying Business Architecture practices
- Ability to work across Projects in a Portfolio, and across Portfolios.
- Leading project teams through the enterprise engagement process.
Enterprise Gating Documentation Experience (30%)
- Proven ability in designing optimized future versions of business areas.
- Proven ability in horizontal business integration ( i.e. identifying common elements, delineation points)
- Knowledge of or experience in Government of Ontario Information Technology Standards (GO-ITS) for Architecture.
- Data Modeling and development of solution and Program Area(s) Data Architecture.
- Development of solution and Program Area(s) Information Architecture and corresponding Information Architecture Documentation (IAD) according to OPS standards and industry best practices.
- Knowledge of or experience with Information Management, including Data Governance, Data Quality, Master Data Management, Records Management.
- Knowledge of or experience with Ideation, including Information/Data Requirements Analysis and corresponding Test Strategy planning.
- Experience in developing business architectures using Ontario Government Enterprise Architecture methodologies and GO-ITS.
- Development of Program Area(s) Business Architecture and corresponding Business Architecture Documentation (BAD) according to OPS standards and industry best practices.
- Creation of alignment of Business Architecture Document to the Solution Requirements Document (SRD) and the Information Architecture Document (IAD), as per OPS standards and industry best practices, ensuring vertical integration.
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience with Services modeling, Business Function Modeling, Business Process Modeling, proficient use of BPMN, Value Chain Analysis, Business Outcomes, Performance Measures and KPIs definition, Strategic, Legislative and Technology alignment,
- Ability to create Business Architectures that directly informs and supports the elicitation of business and system requirements.
- Ability to develop and maintain architectural governance and controls over Business and Information Architecture.
- Ability to leverage reference artefacts to enable shared use and to develop Business Architecture artefacts that align with acquired solutions/services and existing strategic IT Products.
- Ability to integrate stand-alone Business and InformationArchitectures.
- Ability to align Business Architecture processes and artifacts with Service Design practices.
- Ability to model Business Functional and Contractual Accountabilities.
Desirable Skills (30%)
- Knowledge of Zachman Framework
- Experience in other architectural domains such as Information Architecture and Application Architecture
- Experience with the OPS Enterprise Architecture governance process, in general, and with Governance Point 1 (AGP1) in particular.
- Familiarity with Privacy and Records Keeping principles and concepts as they pertain to Business Architecture.
- Familiarity with Accessibility for Ontarians with Disability Act (AODA) and related regulations and standards as they pertain to Business Architecture.
- Ability to design/propose Business Architectures that leverage latest cutting-edge technologies.
- Experience with SAFe Methodology.
- Familiarity with Ontario Digital Service’s Service Design principles and practices .
- Knowledge of Enterprise Architecture modeling tools e.g. PowerDesigner, Sparx Enterprise Architect, Orbus etc.
- Ability to provide advice and support to teams acquiring services or solutions via procurement (e.g. advise on documentation to include, how to evaluate, etc)
|Job Category||Business Architect|