We are looking for a Business Analyst & Process Engineer! Reach out if you are interested and feel free to refer friends/colleagues!
Type of Employment: Contract
Title: Business Analyst & Process Engineer
Location: York – On day on site
Job ID number: C1130
Brief description of duties:
Accountable to the Manager, Operational Excellence, the Business Analyst and Process Engineer (BAPE) is responsible for supporting the PMO in servicing the customers, clients, and stakeholders of the client. The BAPE provides subject matter and execution expertise in Lean Six Sigma and BA disciplines. The BAPE provides counsel to the client leadership on various topics ranging from business plans, policy, and processes to staff levels and their roles. The BAPE is an agent of change leveraging best practices to affect them.
- Expert in business analysis, information management and process modelling with demonstrated analytical, process re-engineering, problem-solving, negotiation, and communication skills.
- Provides business analysis to support requirements elicitation, data modelling, data conversion, gap analysis, options/recommendations, testing and change management throughout project life cycle
- Educate and train others in the methodology and tools to ensure broad understanding at the beginning of all project or initiatives.
- Develops, monitors, and evaluates data and provides summary of statistics using data management principles and practices.
- Assesses the implications and viability of each option and recommends process and policy changes to improve service delivery. Develops policies, procedures, business processes and management practices to support management functions and improve efficiency and effectiveness of service delivery.
- Acts as a catalyst for conversations implying organizational change; their needs, significance, and ultimate outcome.
- Prepares reports for Project Sponsors, Project Committees and Project Managers, making recommendations on changes in business methods and processes including appropriate staffing levels and resource allocation. Deals with confidential and sensitive information affecting the client and its resources including involvement in the Statement of Significant Change process for job summaries affected by changes.
- Documents and manages functional application requirements and their traceability. Reviews change requests and tracks the impact and risk of requirement changes and communicate to all participants. Assesses risks associated to change requests. Supports all document needs at the requirements and process level.
- Supports development of business plans, work plans, project plans and overall assigned project priority setting. Coordinates the implementation of assignments with other business process changes and/or initiatives and contributes to the overall change management leadership required to implement divisional/organizational changes on a project basis.
- Demonstrates a high level of initiative, independence, and maturity in all aspects of work; uses creative and critical thinking techniques to identify and implement new or novel ways to improve products, services, and service delivery, demonstrating effective delegation skills when applicable.
Monitors project progress, regularly submits status reports to project leadership and stakeholders on progress, identifies and actions potential showstoppers and issues. Contributes to the successful completion of assignments and projects by providing a variety of information including but not limited to cost estimates, return- on- investment analysis, feature and functionality reports, process design documents, etc.
- Experience in BA and/or Process (Re-)Engineering roles
- University degree preferably in business, engineering or computing.
- Green Belt Certification or higher in Lean Six Sigma or Six Sigma.
- Business Analyst Training/Certification.
- Proficient in the use MS Project, MS Visio, MS Office (Word, Excel, Power Point, Access).
- Good understanding of project management methodologies, workflow/process design and re-engineering; cost/benefit analysis
- Proven experience in process and system analysis, documentation/validation of business requirements from business users and functional specification requirements using interviews, documented analysis, tasks and workflow analysis.
- Experience in the development and execution of project plans, detailed task lists (project Gantt) and time estimating.
- Experience in project management and system implementation processes.
Nice to haves:
- Change Management certification (e.g. ProSci/ADKAR methodology)
- Knowledge of collaborative systems such as Confluence and Basecamp
- CCBA or CBAP certification
- Higher Education experience
|Job Category||Business Analyst|
|BA and/or Process (Re-)Engineering||4+|