Type of Employment: Contract
Title: Business Analyst
Term: Contract – 12 months with extension
Location: Hybrid from Toronto – once a week
Job ID number: C1313
Brief Description on Duties:
Story Behind the Need:
Business Group: Wealth Management Data and Analytics
Project: Contributes to the overall success of the CID&A- GWM Data team by ensuring specific individual goals, plans and initiatives are executed / delivered in support of the team’s business strategies and objectives. The main function of the Business Analyst role is to support the Data Remediation Project as a Project Coordinator. This role ensures all activities are completed within the established timelines and conducted in compliance with enterprise data standards, policies, and procedures.
Candidate Value Proposition:
The successful candidate will have the opportunity to work within Scotiabank. We are technology partners who help the business transform how our employees around the world work. You will get to work with and learn from diverse industry leaders, who have hailed from top technology.
Typical Day in Role:
- Monitors project progress by tracking daily activity; resolving problems; and publishing progress reports.
- Delivers detailed status updates to project managers, project team and other stakeholders
- Supports the project through management of the OP invoicing and accruals
- Coordinates project meetings, compiles minutes and obtains additional artifacts to meet audit requirements.
- Provides hands-on support on the implementation according to Data Office playbooks, guidelines, standards, and policies (e.g., documenting initiatives, use cases, data tiering and classification, critical data elements and business data elements)
- Participates in knowledge transfer within the team, business units and provide recommendation opportunities to enhance productivity, effectiveness, and operational efficiency of the business unit and/or team
- Work in an Agile mindset to accelerate the delivery of the project
Candidate Requirements/Must-Have skills:
- 8+ years of experience with business analysis processes, frameworks with documenting processes and data flows within a large enterprise
- 5+ years of experience working with data concepts (metadata, data mapping, data quality, data modeling, etc.) and familiarity with Data Management tools
- 5+ years of advanced experience with PowerPoint and Excel (Pivot tables, VLook up) for reporting purposes
- Previous Banking/Financial Industry experience
- Experience with Collibra is an asset
- Knowledge of Power BI and Tableau, as well as Confluence and Jira are considered assets
- Very detail oriented and skilled in summarizing and providing insights from complicated processes
- Self-motivated to solve problems independently and able to work collaboratively with other team members
- Strong oral and written communication skills and comfortable presenting to a variety of audiences
Best vs. Average Candidate:
- Candidate with strong business acumen, data analysis, metadata documentation, and data quality controls skills specifically with respect to analyzing business process controls, sourcing, and provisioning of lineage, and identifying data quality issues and proposing remediation steps
- Candidate who is able to work as part of a team, as well as work independently or with minimal direction
|Job Category||Business Analyst|