We are looking for a Business Analyst! Reach out if you are interested and feel free to refer friends/colleagues!
Type of Employment: Contract
Title: Business Analyst
Term: 6 months contract with extension
Location: Hybrid from Toronto – 3 days/week
Job ID number: C1298
Brief Description of Duties:
- Leads and conducts business analysis in order to assess client’s business problems/opportunities and documents the business requirements in such a way that I&IT solutions can be determined.
- Applies re-engineering concepts to promote business improvements through alternative and cost effective service delivery approaches
- Leads and conducts business analysis at varying levels of detail appropriate to the project and phases of project, aligning with OPS Unified Project Management Methodology, Enterprise Architecture and Gating Process, and OPS Standard Systems Development Methodologies
- Develops strategies, prepares business cases and cost-benefit analysis, and conducts feasibility studies for business I&IT initiatives
- Develops sound processes for requirements gathering including but not limited to JAD sessions, interviews, mockups, etc.
- Conducts business modeling; use case modeling; conceptual and logical data modeling; process and data flow modeling; use case surveys; business rules definition and non-functional requirements definitions for assigned projects • Monitors progress, resolves problems and reports regularly to I&IT management and stakeholders
- Develops performance measures and traceability matrices for business analysis evaluation and conducts follow-up
- Experience developing strategies, preparing business cases and cost-benefit analysis
- Experience conducting requirements gathering, developing documentation, including presentations and briefing notes and conducting stakeholder engagement
- Experience in the use of Computer Aided Software Engineering (CASE) tools to document conceptual requirements and scope
- Awareness of emerging I&IT trends and technologies
- Excellent analytical, problem-solving and decision-making skills; verbal and written communication skills; interpersonal and negotiation skills • A team player with a track record for meeting deadlines
- Experience in the use of information retrieval packages
- Knowledge and understanding of Information Management principles, concepts, policies and practices
- Ability to translate business and data requirements into specifications sufficient for designing appropriate technology solutions • Experience with a wide range of methods, tools and techniques for business analysis such as: business functional modelling, business event modelling, business process mapping
- Experience in structured, object oriented and agile methodologies for user requirements
- Experience developing performance measures for business analysis evaluation and subsequent follow-up
- Knowledge and understanding of Accessibility for Ontarians with Disability Act (AODA) and related regulations and standards
Business Requirements Gathering/Documentation
- 10+ years experience in a business analyst capacity, with demonstrated work outlined clearly
- Experience conducting requirements gathering and developing documentation
- Demonstrated experience with developing business strategies, business process re-engineering
- Demonstrated experience with business case development, cost-benefit analysis and feasibility studies in a complex project environment
- Experience with a wide range of methods, tools and techniques for business analysis such as, but not limited to: business functional modelling, business event modelling, business process mapping
- Demonstrated Experience with GUI, user interface design and mock ups. (e.g. Balsamiq)
- Demonstrated Experience with Joint Application development (JAD), Unified Modelling language (UML), and Computer Aided Software Engineering (CASE) tools.
- Demonstrated experience with Document Management system and/or Customer Relationship Management System (CRM)
- Exposure to working with diverse business environments and enterprise wide systems.
System Functional Requirements
- Ability to work with business and development teams to document system requirements.
- Demonstrated experience with creating Business Cases, Screen Design/User Interface, Business Process Models, Privacy Impact Assessment and Threat Risk Assessments, and Logical architecture artifacts, among other deliverables.
- Demonstrated experience with Business Architecture.
- Demonstrated experience in solving problems analytically, and making sound decisions based on.
- Experience in negotiating using both verbal and written communication skills and should have worked in a team based environment with a proven record of meeting deadlines.
|Job Category||Business Analyst, Business Systems Analyst|