We are looking for a Business Analyst! Reach out if you are interested and feel free to refer friends/colleagues!
Type of Employment: Contract
Title: Business Analyst
Term: 6 months contract with extension
Location: Toronto – Hybrid (twice a month)
Job ID number: C1280
Brief Description of Duties:
The successful candidate will have the opportunity to work on an international Program with Compliance SMEs in one of the top 5 Canadian banks, gain exposure to senior level stakeholders, within a personable and friendly work environment. We are building a leading, best-in-class Global Compliance function to: maintain customer trust, deliver efficiencies across business units, and to be trusted advisors and partners to protect the Bank’s reputation and strengthen the overall Compliance program. The Business Analyst will contribute to the overall success of the design and implementation of a global solution.
Typical Day in Role:
The Senior Business Analyst will collaborate with subject matter experts, stakeholders, internal technical teams, and external vendors to drive varying processes within the Central Compliance Program resulting in the development of documentation throughout the product life cycle (such as business requirements, functional requirements, process maps, test case development and roadmaps).
- Develop a deep understanding of the complexity of Compliance projects to enhance monitoring programs such as information barriers, watch and restricted lists, personal trading, and outside business activities.
- Conduct information gathering workshops with users to gather and formally document business requirements.
- Document business requirements (using various methodologies such as defining Epics, Use cases and User Stories).
- Assist in the creation of test cases and support User Acceptance Testing.
- Support implementing technical solutions for Compliance monitoring programs as part of a wider team.
- Develop productive relationships with key stakeholders.
- Research developing trends and best practices and determine implications for using proposed technologies to meet business unit strategy.
- Understand how the Bank’s risk appetite and risk culture should be considered in day-to-day activities and decisions.
- Champion a customer focused culture to deepen client relationships and leverage broader Bank relationships, systems, and knowledge.
- Champion a high-performance environment and contribute to an inclusive work environment.
- Any other duties as assigned.
Must Have Skills:
- Business Analyst professional with proven leadership in eliciting and documenting requirements including data, business process and business object modelling, interviewing and user interface design and testing
- Bilingual in French required (verbal + written) – ideally with experience working in financial services in French – need to know business terminology
- Financial Services industry; specifically, with monitoring programs for a Control Room or a Personal Conflicts team (such as information barriers, watch and restricted lists, personal trading, and outside business activities) and associated technology implementations.
- Demonstrated experience with drafting test cases / scripts and managing user acceptance testing phases.
- Experience working with Visio, Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint, JIRA, and Confluence (please list the ones candidate has experience with and # of years for each)
- Experience with the MCO (My Compliance Office) application is a plus, but not a requirement.
- Experience with technical implementation
Soft Skills Required:
- Excellent analytical, problem-solving, and troubleshooting skills.
- Strong communication, organizational, and interpersonal skills including but not limited to presentation, prioritization, effective time management and conflict management
- Highly motivated individual who is creative, results-oriented, and eager to learn.
- Willing and able to adapt to changes in the work environment, manage competing demands, deal with frequent change, delays, or unexpected events.
|Job Category||Business Analyst|