We are looking for a Business Analyst! Reach out if you are interested and feel free to refer friends/colleagues!
Type of Employment: Contract
Title: Business Analyst
Term: 12 months contract with extension
Location: Toronto – Hybrid (once a week)
Job ID number: C1277
Brief Description of Duties:
- Business group: The Risk Modeling Technology team supports various stakeholders Global Risk Management (GRM) – Risk Models and Analytics Team, Regulatory Capital, IFRS9 provisioning & Enterprise stress Testing team in the implementation of regulatory and non-regulatory initiatives, utilizing both Agile and Waterfall approaches.
- Risk Modeling Technology team is seeking an experienced Technical Business Analyst with 10+ years of practical business analysis experience and technical capabilities to navigate and drive resolution of complex business problems. The role will require liaising with stakeholders on existing and/or new business initiatives, delivering solutions to meet the needs of multiple lines of business stakeholders, and managing medium to large projects, and providing ongoing support. The candidate must have strong project management, communication skills, with hands on experience in execution of all key phases on project lifecycle (e.g. requirements gathering, documentation, design and development, testing, implementation). The incumbent will have a minimum of 3-5 years of strong data analytics skills capabilities using SQL, understanding data models, and will ideally have the ability to read and understand code such as SAS, IBM Informatica, IBM DataStage. Adaptability to self-learn new technologies is a big plus.
- Project: LGD PARAMETER REBUILD (working on multiple releases, converting from SAS to Python + moving to GCP)
- Reason for request: New resource needed
Candidate Value Proposition
- We have an inclusive and collaborative working environment that encourages creativity and curiosity and celebrates success!
- We provide you with the tools and technology needed to create meaningful customer experiences.
- You’ll get to work with and learn from diverse industry leaders, who have hailed from top technology companies around the world.
Typical Day in Role:
- Work with Program lead to manage requirements related activities and deliverables throughout the project life cycle (e.g. change requests, issues, risks, schedules, status reporting etc.).
- Work with the Project Owner and Project Manager to document the project vision and the project’s scope.
- Work with the Project Delivery Teams to identify, anticipate, assess, manage and resolve issues and risks related to requirements’ activities and deliverables.
- Play a key role in understanding and evolving data-engineered solutions to enable the risk modeling capabilities of our RMA business partners
- Thoroughly understand and communicate stakeholder requirements and distribute relevant information, documentation and artifacts to project stakeholders.
- Elicit requirements using interviews, document analysis, requirements workshops, surveys, use cases, scenarios, business analysis and workflow analysis.
- Translate high-level business and user requirements into functional & IT specific requirements with appropriate level of detail suitable for use by those who must base their work & development on the requirements.
- Develop and execute function, end-to-end test cases to ensure requirements are met
- Responsible for data analysis, profiling, data mapping, data lineage activities to support business requirements, and data governance requirements.
- Proactively communicate and collaborate with external and internal customers to analyze information needs.
- Work collaboratively with Business and IT staff to develop and maintain thorough knowledge of product, system and process capabilities, ensuring precise communications between IT and stakeholders, technical compatibility and user satisfaction.
- Providing support to month-end and quarter-end risk model calculations and Capital/Regulatory reporting until transitioned to operations team.
Must Have Skills:
- Relevant experience, with at least 5+ years’ recent experience as a BSA
- Recent hands-on experience writing and reading advanced SQL queries independently
- Experience data management and data analytics experience is required
- Banking experience and understanding of the industry is required
- SDLC knowledge is required
- Retail product experience and associated risk models is an asset (PD,EAD, LGD models for Mortgage, Credit Card)
- Working knowledge of SAS, Informatica, DataStage, or Python are an asset
- Database Systems: Hive/Hadoop, DB2 is an asset
- Strong business analysis and writing skills including the ability to select the most appropriate method of communication and to clearly and concisely prepare a variety of business communications, e.g.. Technical and Business Requirements, PowerPoint decks , User Guides, and project implementation / strategy documents.
- Well developed verbal communication skills, with the ability to communicate and articulate the underlying message effectively with different audiences, e.g. senior management in Information Technology Solutions, business stakeholders
- Detail oriented, methodical and has ability to translate business ideas into automated solutions.
- Effective leadership skills, with working knowledge of project management to assume end-to-end ownership of a project and responsibility for the related project deliverables.
- Critical thinker, investigating, analyzing, and resolving complex problems
- Ability to work effectively as a team member in cross-functional project teams.
- Passion for driving teams towards high performance and a deep pride in providing high quality results.
- Strong data analytic skillset for the purpose of data solutioning, testing/validation and gap analysis.
Best vs Average:
- The best candidates will have extensive BSA experience and would be great communicators (written and verbal). Retail Risk knowledge (as asset) will also help in finding the optimal fit for this role.
Degrees or certifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field required.
Candidate Review & Selection
- Structure and Format: MS Teams Interviews (video)
- First round: behavioral and technical interview with HM and team BA. Ability to communicate and translate technical requirements to the business will be assessed in interview (ability to write business requirements), 45-60 mins
- Second round: behavioral panel interview, 30 mins
- Data management and data analytics experience is needed
- UI/UX experience is not required and will not be applicable to the job duties