We are looking for a Business Analyst! Reach out if you are interested and feel free to refer friends/colleagues!
Type of Employment: Contract
Title: Business Analyst
Term: Contract – 6 months with extension
Location: Toronto – Hybrid
Job ID number: C1405
Brief Description on Duties:
The team is extending the trade surveillance and a new system needs to be implemented. The successful candidate will be conducting UAT testing to ensure operation runs smoothly.
Global Compliance Trade Surveillance (GCTS) Team is seeking a Trade Surveillance Analyst to join our team. We are building a leading, best-in-class, Global Compliance function to maintain customer trust, deliver efficiencies across business units, and to be trusted advisors and partners in protecting the Bank’s reputation and strengthen the overall Compliance program.
Candidate Value Proposition:
- The successful candidate will be working on high-visibility initiative with opportunities to grow within the corporation.
Typical Day in Role:
The Trade Surveillance Analyst will report into the Senior Manager, OTC Trade Surveillance and collaborate with various internal stakeholders to support processes within the Trade Surveillance program. Candidate should possess a combination of in-depth knowledge of Capital Markets, OTC Products, trade lifecycle, trading strategies, trade surveillance and market abuse concepts.
- Translate business needs into requirements, identify opportunities for process improvement and ensuring delivered solutions meet business expectations in managing/mitigating risks.
- Act as a resource for the team by supporting the OTC Trade Surveillance department Senior Manager(s) and assisting Compliance Officers and other Senior Compliance Officers in the execution of their duties.
- Act as Subject matter expert for issues involving business divisions, Operations, Finance and any other external group as required.
- Execute test cases in Trades Surveillance solution/applicable source system(s) and document results from testing in JIRA.
- Act independently, conduct research and perform analyses in support of regulatory or marketplace inquiries, investigations and/or examinations; including internal matters escalated to Trade Surveillance.
- Recommend solutions and actions to resolve outstanding issues. Escalate matters requiring further investigation or specialist assistance.
- Develop and deliver periodic and ad hoc compliance training for team members based upon particular expertise. This may, on occasion, extend to external stakeholders.
- Supports effectiveness testing of business supervision related processes and controls, including identification of gaps in the existing trade surveillance processes.
- Assist in the development and enhancement of policies, procedures and processes of the surveillance program. Assist other team members in continually evaluating compliance procedures and in drafting and updating procedures. Provide back-up support within the team and work on other projects as assigned.
- Assist in the risk assessment of existing controls in adherence with enterprise risk assessment procedures and standards.
- Analyze and process data relevant to KRIs and KPIs to monitor the effectiveness of the GCTS program.
- Develop and maintain productive relationships with key stakeholders.
- Understand how the Bank’s risk appetite and risk culture should be considered in day-to-day activities and decisions.
- Champion a customer focused culture and leverage broader Bank relationships, systems and knowledge.
- Champions a high-performance environment and contributes to an inclusive work environment.
Candidate Requirements/Must Have Skills:
- 5+ years of experience with foreign exchange, fixed income, commodities and/or OTC derivatives trading markets , including knowledge of hedging and other trading strategies
- 8+ years of related trading or surveillance experience at a financial institution and/or regulated securities dealer
- 5+ years’ experience in building testing strategies and executing UAT
- Previous experience in identifying external market activity, news and additional factors that may influence trading activities
- 2+ years of regulatory and compliance experience
- Canadian Securities Course, Conduct and Practices Handbook Course, and/or the Trader Training Course are helpful
- An understanding of the Investment Industry Regulatory Organization of Canada (IIROC) dealer rules
Soft Skills Required:
- Able to work independently and with other staff across functional lines within the Bank
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Post-Secondary education and/or professional designations
Best vs. Average Candidate
- The best candidate would have strong trade surveillance experience and planning and test execution experience as well.