We are looking for a Business Analyst! Reach out if you are interested and feel free to refer friends/colleagues!
Type of Employment: Contract
Title: Business Analyst
Term: Contract – 11 months with extension
Location: Toronto – Hybrid – twice a week
Job ID number: C1381
Brief Description on Duties:
Reporting to a Director, and taking day-to-day direction from the Initiative Lead, the Senior Business Analyst will be responsible for working with the business stakeholders to understand the current state business processes and then identify & document optimal future state processes for the usage of both the business & for technology teams.
Candidate Value Proposition:
The SWM team is a highly visible team with lots of opportunity to gain experience that can easily be transferred to other roles – it would open doors to growth opportunities. The experience will allow them to consider Product Owner roles as they will gain the required skills through this opportunity.
Typical Day in Role:
- Provide basic consulting services to business partners
- Facilitate the process optimization process by conducting interviews, leading workshops and documenting the results
- Conduct interviews with business, technology, marketing, operations, compliance and other teams from various groups to gather requirements.
- Provide and apply expertise in business analysis, data mapping, creation of process flows etc.
- Complete units of analysis work and integrate that work back into project
- Assist with preparation and maintenance of documentation
- Ensuing continuity by providing cross training at the end of the assignment
- Support decision making re: project scope and prioritization by performing gap analyses, data integrity analysis, other.
- Recommend business solutions that optimize the user experience and satisfy sponsor/stakeholder needs, continually exploring and assessing options for value-add.
- Manage the detailed business requirement phase identifying, tracking and resolving issues.
- Recommend preparation of appropriate new business process documentation and ensure adequate end-user documentation.
- Assist with the completion of the Business Case by performing & analyzing relevant data queries.
- Contribute to successful project completion within budget and on time by identifying risks and developing/recommending mitigation strategies.
Relationships & Communication:
- Act as lead business analyst liaison between business lines, interfacing applications teams, 3rd party vendors, developers and Delivery Managers.
- Effectively communicate and build rapport with team members, stakeholders and business partners using a variety of techniques and collaboration from initiation to close.
- Manage relationships and expectations with Wealth Management business lines and partners such as GWMS, Support, Operations and other teams, as well as with third-party vendors and/or content providers.
- Participate in the evaluation of third-party vendors and software as relevant.
- Prepare for and participate in complex group meetings and supports in the preparation for JAD sessions and information gathering workshops.
- Prepare and deliver presentations to business partners, selecting the appropriate approach based on the audience.
- Resolve minor conflicts/issues and escalates others as appropriate.
- Collaborate with colleagues across the organization to get things done.
Candidate Requirements/Must Have Skills:
- 5+ years of experience as a business analyst in FI
- 5+ years of Experience in requirements documentation and business processes
- Demonstrated superior computer skills, including MS Visio (business processes), MS Excel, PPT, Word
- Experience with Data mapping
- Training/Experience in Agile and Waterfall methodology
- Experience with Financial Planning Initiatives
Soft Skills Required:
- Communication skills
- Ability to multitask
- Time management
- Critical thinking
- Problem solving
- University degree, college diploma or equivalent experience.