We are looking for a Business Analyst! Reach out if you are interested and feel free to refer friends/colleagues!
Type of Employment: Contract
Title: Business Analyst
Term: Contract – 10 months with extension
Location: Toronto – Hybrid – once a week
Job ID number: C1377
Brief Description on Duties:
Story Behind the Need
Business group: GWRT – Global Portfolio – Liaison within IT&S – Supports Capital Markets across the bank specially in Latin region.
Project: Compliance transformation Program, this individual will focus on the Latin American delivery for 2024. To ensure proper controls and technologies are in place for trade surveillance of Capital Markets.
Reason for Request: New project requirement
Candidate Value Proposition: The candidate with have exposure to senior level executives and stakeholders across the Americas, will be working with both business and technology areas of the bank. This is a great opportunity to be extended to a longer term contract or be converted to FTE.
Typical Day in Role:
- Perform the analysis, design, implementation, modification, and daily functional support of applications in scope
- Work with key stakeholders within all business functions to align technology solutions with business strategies
- Gather requirements from business units and translate those to programmers and developers
- Demonstrate an informed knowledge of business functions to resolve problems and capitalize on improvement opportunities
- Support one or more highly complex business processes
- Work on multiple projects as a project team member
- Serves as a liaison between the business community and the IT organization in order to provide technical solutions to meet user need
- Conduct testing across multiple stages and product phases
- Building business requirements/test cases
- Working with Fixed income, FX products, and Swaps
Candidate Requirements/Must Have Skills:
- Fluent in Spanish (key stakeholders are in Latin America, will be communicating externally)
- 5+ years’ working experience as a BA, working with technology implementation projects (write queries for testing and validating)
- Understanding of Capital Markets products and processes (preferably fixed income currency and commodities)
- Implementation of IT delivery, compliance or regulatory projects
- Must have experience with at least TWO of any of the following: POSTMAN, KIBANA, JSON, SQL, ELASTICSEARCH, NiFi.
Nice to Have:
- Ability to read and write queries in SQL and JSON (if not already included in must have skillset)
- Fixed income currency and commodities is an asset
Soft Skills Required:
- Excellent communication skills – written and oral in English and Spanish
- Able to hit the ground running
- Able to work independently
Best vs. Average: The best candidate will be a strong bilingual (Spanish/English) technical BA with a solid experience in Capital Markets. Someone who has good relationship-building skills, communication skills, presenting and documenting experience, as well as willingness to work with a team. Working with an Agile or Hybrid work environment.