We are looking for a Business Analyst! Reach out if you are interested and feel free to refer friends/colleagues!
Type of Employment: Contract
Title: Business Analyst
Term: Contract – 6 months with extension
Location: Toronto – Remote
Job ID number: C1375
Brief Description on Duties:
We are continuing to evolve how we attract and engage our clients. As the demand for immediate and convenient information increases, our systems, data, and digital properties are that much more important in creating meaningful experiences that inspire and energize our clients and sales professionals.
For a journey this exciting and complex, we’re looking for someone who can combine expert business analysis skills, a strong technical aptitude, a strategic mindset, diplomatic facilitation, and leadership skills to elicit and build requirements that enable exceptional solutions for our Individual Insurance and Wealth business partners.
We operate in a world where time-to-market and evolving business priorities drive our plans. The awesome person who fills this role will need to be resilient, versatile and equally effective in adapting to change as they are following a process.
What will you do?
- Facilitate discovery work with business and technical teams to understand what problems need solving, what the client needs are, and define the scope related to this.
- Work with the Journey Owner and Journey Tech Lead to facilitate requirement gathering workshops
- Work with the Journey Owner and Journey Tech Lead to conduct analysis on business requests with a focus on the links between processes and systems throughout the organization
- Understand the big picture to define business capabilities and go forward roadmap
- Analyze and define user and data requirements and translate them into options analysis, system requirements/user stories/data mapping documents
- Work collaboratively with team members to address high-priority backlog items
- Review and provide feedback to business and technical documentation
What do you need to succeed?
- Strong communication skills with ability to communicate both complex business and technical concepts and align organization on decisions
- Sound problem-solving/analytical skills with the ability to quickly process complex information and present it clearly and simply
- Strong interpersonal / relationship building skills with technical and business personnel
- The ability to adapt to various software development methodologies
- 7 to 10 years of progressive experience as a Business Consultant/Business Systems Consultant
- Experience working with client-facing technologies/digital engagement platforms
- Comfortable with data requirements and related data activities/deliverables
- Passionate about the client, technology and excited about the impact of emerging / disruptive technologies