We are looking for a Business Analyst! Reach out if you are interested and feel free to refer friends/colleagues!
Type of Employment: Contract
Title: Business Analyst
Term: Contract – 12 months with extension
Location: Toronto – Hybrid – 2 days a week
Job ID number: C1358
Brief Description on Duties
Candidate Value Proposition: The successful candidate will have the opportunity help to join one of the Top Banks in Canada on a large scale implementation project across the entirety of the bank.
Typical Day in Role
- Leads and drives a customer focused culture throughout their team to deepen client relationships and leverage broader Bank relationships, systems and knowledge.
- Develop and Maintain the Wealth Planning technology platforms and other key tools by :
- Acting as Product Owner for firm approved financial planning software and leading the efforts to implement updates and regular maintenance, which includes working closely with various teams to obtain approval, plan, and execute those changes;
- Driving ongoing enhancements to and development of new digital solutions to support activities related to Total Wealth Planning engagements
- Monitoring the industry to understand what planning tools are available and determining if they fill a requirement for SWM advisors and /or Specialists;
- Liaising with advice teams in Retail and Scotia Asset Management to co-ordinate strategies with current and new planning software and sharing of best practices.
- Acting as a subject matter expert for users of various platforms and leading the development of user support by liaising with Product Owners/development team and working with field support teams (i.e. training, Service Centre) to transfer business knowledge and ensure seamless implementation.
- Develop, implement and manage our national training programs by:
- Creating and delivering regular training related to engagement and effective use of Client Solutions technology platforms;
- Collaborating with the Scotia Wealth Management Training/Practice Management teams to integrate Client Solutions into any training aimed at helping advisors more effectively introduce and deliver the Total Wealth offering;
- Maintaining and overseeing our new Client Solutions employee onboarding program; and
- Creating and maintaining a list of training or certification courses for the Client Solutions team in order to obtain or maintain required designations and further professional development.
- Develop process efficiencies and automated solutions for effective delivery and tracking of Wealth Planning results by:
- Driving the creation and effectiveness of tracking and reporting of wealth planning activity and results;
- Supporting the tactical direction of the Client Solutions team through the development and ongoing analysis of key data points and working closely with colleagues to develop corporate insights;
- Developing and refining an approach to visibly connect the activity of Senior Total Wealth Planners and Business & Family Wealth Specialists to desired business results;
- Working closely with the SWM Business Analytics team to share relevant data in a timely manner for metrics reporting;
- Identifying ways to automate the creation and delivery of reports to all stakeholders;
- Developing processes around the collection, storage, aggregation, and analysis of data related to prospecting activities and client engagements; and
- Providing commentary and insights on the monthly reporting to the leadership team.
- Represent Wealth Planning in cross functional teams and lead or co-lead the implementation of various technology, regulatory, operational, or business development projects, providing leadership, experience and subject matter expertise; project management support as required; consolidated reporting of project and key initiatives status to management
- Understand how the Bank’s risk appetite and risk culture should be considered in day-to-day activities and decisions.
- Creates an environment in which his/her team pursues effective and efficient operations of his/her respective areas in accordance with Scotiabank’s Values, its Code of Conduct and the Global Sales Principles, while ensuring the adequacy, adherence to and effectiveness of day-to-day business controls to meet obligations with respect to operational, compliance, AML/ATF/sanctions and conduct risk.
- Builds a high performance environment and implements a people strategy that attracts, retains, develops and motivates their team by fostering an inclusive work environment and using a coaching mindset and behaviours; communicating vison/values/business strategy; and, managing succession and development planning for the team.
Must Have Skills:
- 8+ years with Financial Planning
- Prior Business Analyst experience
- 3-5 years experience planning for high net worth clients
- CFP designation acquired through FP Canada
- Experience with Step, CLU and/or Salesforce
- Experience with Conquest Planning
- Demonstrates ability to work within tight project deadlines
- The ideal candidate should also demonstrate a high degree of accuracy
- Great communication skills are required, as they will regularly be communicating internally and externally
Best vs Average: The ideal candidate would have experience with one of the top 5 banks or a large insurance company and with prior financial planning experience
|Job Category||Business Analyst|