We are looking for a Business Analyst! Reach out if you are interested and feel free to refer friends/colleagues!
Type of Employment: Contract
Title: Business Analyst
Term: Contract – 6 months with extension
Location: Toronto – Hybrid – 2 days a week
Job ID number: C1356
Brief Description on Duties
- Role is part of the Next Gen Leads work stream, and is a bridge between two teams: BFS Analytics and Performance Enablement (subgroup within Business Distribution Strategy). Business Financial Services (BFS) distribution strategy aims to evolve how BFS advisors deliver meaningful insights and engage in value-add conversations with business clients. The goal is to evolve the end-to-end client experience when interacting with business advisors.
- Next Gen Leads work stream has a core working group of six people, who collaborate with a variety of partners, including product experts, data scientists, Marketing, and sales enablement
- Our culture is focused on collaboration, efficient and constant communication, maintaining positivity when faced with challenges, and enthusiasm for innovation (as we are leading the evolution of insight generation).
Business analyst will be working with a team of data scientists to oversee the development of machine learning models that will be utilized to generate leads and insights for advisors that serve business clients. The BA will be accountable to articulate data requirements and ensures that the analytical outcome meets our strategic objectives.
Through collaboration with Marketing and sales enablement partners, the BA will also be responsible for launching the developed predictive models on our client relationship management platform, ensuring that advisors feel comfortable using the output and that utilization and results are thoroughly tracked.
Day to day activities of the BA include:
- Support strategic initiatives and their objectives with data-driven insights; the responsibilities will specifically focus on:
- Collection and refinement of data requirements through consultation with product partners,
- Effective translation (and iteration) of the requirements with the data analyst,
- Close collaboration with data scientists throughout development of machine learning models,
- Interpretation and presentation of the results, and
- Advising on appropriate course of action (based on the results)
- Structure and present analyses to executives and other key stakeholders
- Develop analytical frameworks, roadmaps, and metrics for the team and broader organization
- Demonstrate the proven ability to detect data integrity issues, perform root cause analysis and communicate the issues to cross functional audiences
- Collaborate and develop relationships with cross functional business teams and liaise across various business units to define business requirements
Next Gen Leads (NGL) work stream aims to evolve the lead and insight generation capabilities in our distribution strategy within Business Financial Services (BFS), which is focused on deepening client relationships and driving new revenue streams. The focus is to use machine learning models to generate better advice recommendations that advisors can provide to business clients.
- Microsoft Excel, Powerpoint, and Office – used for presentation of information to stakeholders and monitoring results.
- Tableau – used to view reporting on the work stream activity
- Sharepoint – used as a collaborative space to exchange files
Must Have Skills:
- Undergraduate degree in Economics, Business, Statistics or a quantitative field of study
- Ability to create and present complex strategic concepts/analyses and approach problem solving with a data-driven, structured thinking process to offer holistic perspectives
- Strong communication and project management skills, to capture requirements and answer questions from data practitioners
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft office including superior excel skills and power point skills. Role will be within an information rich environment demanding the ability to absorb and synthesize vast amounts of data. Excellent PowerPoint skills and the ability to position information and key messaging are critical
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to interpret complex data; ability to distill complex statistical concepts into everyday language to influence business outcome
- Technical expertise regarding data modelling, data mining and segmentation techniques
Nice to Have Skills:
- Experience in machine learning, predictive analytics, and statistical modeling
- Experience working in the Financial Services industry
- Experience in the Small Business and Commercial business
- Knowledge of SQL and python
Comfort with ambiguity, fast learner, critical thinking, follow timelines and meet strict deadlines, comfort in reaching out to and working with new partners, ability to adjust presentation style based on the audience, strategy development, ability to explain complex concepts in a simple way to non-technical audience
|Job Category||Business Analyst|