We are looking for a Business Analyst! Reach out if you are interested and feel free to refer friends/colleagues!
Type of Employment: Contract
Title: Business Analyst
Term: Contract – 12 months with extension
Location: Toronto – Hybrid – 1-2x/week
Job ID number: C1350
Brief Description on Duties
The Data and Artificial Intelligence Risk (DAIR) team is looking for a highly motivated change agent who demonstrates integrity, drive and courage to lead the execution of the Data Risk second line review process.
As a member of the team, the success candidate will be responsible for driving data risk related oversight activities and have an opportunity to work with a collaborative team of inspiring professionals to help deliver the Enterprise DAIR Program objectives.
The candidate will participate in the Data Remediation Audit Program, which is a key Program at the Bank, through leading and performing data risk effective challenge and oversight over data related controls implemented by the first line of defense.
Candidate Value Proposition:
Join a purpose driven winning team, committed to results, in an inclusive and high-performing culture. Participate in a highly visible, enterprise-wide program working alongside different stakeholders with opportunities to grow within the organization.
Typical Day in Role:
- Participate in the Data Remediation Audit Program, which is a key Program at the Bank, through leading and performing data risk effective challenge and oversight over data related controls implemented by the first line of defense
- Provide expertise and advice to the first line of defense on effective design and implementation of data risk controls, metrics, compliance, and risk mitigation activities
- Through second line testing: execute risk assessments, document findings, and conduct analysis of the remediation plans in a timely manner
- Exercise sound judgment in reporting and escalating risks or issues to senior management
- Monitor and report progress of assessment execution to required internal stakeholders
- Support in the delivery and execution of the Data Risk Management Program, as required
- Identify opportunities and execute enhancements to the data risk oversight program
- Foster an inclusive and collaborative team environment, and prioritize team’s goals
- Champion a high-performance environment and contribute to an inclusive work environment
- Develop strong partnership and work in close alignment with other risk functions and business partners to provide professional advice and guidance
Candidate Requirements/Must Have Skills:
- Bilingual in Spanish (Spanish/English)
- 8+ years’ experience in internal control, risk management, compliance, data management, data governance, audit and/or related areas
- 3+ years of experience in testing (audit testing, risk assessments, etc.), including leading and management of testing engagements and issue resolution
- Knowledge of Data Management best practices and concepts (e.g., maturity models, data quality, metadata, financial data reconciliation, data lineage, data glossaries, etc.)
- Most recently in a senior manager, experienced manager, or equivalent role
- FI experience
- SharePoint experience
Soft Skills Required:
- Strong analytical and pragmatic problem-solving skills
- Adaptability and ability to manage ambiguity
- Curious and proactive learner able to solve complex problems, multi-task and manage changing priorities
- Attention to detail and accuracy
|Job Category||Business Analyst|