We are looking for a Business Analyst! Reach out if you are interested and feel free to refer friends/colleagues!
Type of Employment: Contract
Title: Business Analyst
Term: Contract – 6 months with extension
Location: Toronto – Hybrid – once a week
Job ID number: C1344
Brief Description on Duties
The successful candidate will have the opportunity to work within one of the top five banks. We are technology partners who help the business transform how our employees around the world work. You will get to work with and learn from diverse industry leaders, who have hailed from top technology.
Typical Day in Role:
- Independently resolve complex, multi-faceted problems to meet the business needs, by applying their HR and technological knowledge to the design of methodologies, models, and/or systems solutions. This includes conducting research and analysis, accurately and clearly defining user requirements and processes, participating in the reengineering of the HR business process work flows and liaising with the users.
- Manage multiple small HR technology projects and/or manage specific sections of large projects to implement technology solutions to HR business problems. This involves planning and scheduling resources, developing detailed project plans and monitoring progress against planned objectives.
- Participate in the SuccessFactors systems implementation process by interpreting business requirements into technical specifications, systems analysis, documenting detailed reporting requirements, configuration of HR vendor software and providing post-implementation support.
- Participate in the review of Quality Assurance (QA) test strategies for assigned projects/initiatives to ensure the planned testing is comprehensive and consistent with the business requirements. Support QA testing by analyzing defects to provide clarification of technical specifications.
- Review and analyze business requirements and create systems requirements that will be utilized by development partners and impacted vendors.
Candidate Requirements/Must-Have skills:
- 5-7+ years of Systems Analyst experience.
- 3+ years of SQL experience (ability to run queries).
- Working knowledge of Pension and Benefit process to oversee day to day activities.
- Working knowledge of HR business process.
- Expertise in MS Excel and PowerPoint.
- Must have a very good understanding of current IT practices, systems development techniques, including requirements specification and testing methodologies, real time analytical and formal modelling tools and keep current with rapidly changing technology.
- SAP SuccessFactors experience is an asset.
- SAP SuccessFactors Employee central certification.
- Creative, self-starting, results oriented and highly motivated individual with very good analytical skills in order to apply this knowledge to independently resolve complex business problems.
- Proven interpersonal, communication and negotiation skills in order to build consensus and obtain cooperation from both users and senior management. These skills, along with the incumbent’s good time management and organizational skills, will allow the incumbent to effectively manage small projects while planning and scheduling resources within those projects to optimize productivity.
Best vs. Average Candidate:
- Proven experience with the Pension and Benefit process.
- Proven experience leading the design, development, configuration, and implementation of HR processes within SuccessFactors.
- Experienced BA working with technology partners (relationship management experience).
- Time management skills and ability to work on multiple initiatives simultaneously.
- Post-secondary degree in a technical field such as computer science, computer engineering or related IT field is an asset.
|Job Category||Business Analyst|