We are looking for a Business Analyst! Reach out if you are interested and feel free to refer friends/colleagues!
Type of Employment: Contract
Title: Business Analyst
Term: 12 months contract with extension
Location: Toronto – Hybrid once or twice a week on-site
Job ID number: C1265
Brief Description of Duties:
You will be responsible for business analysis activities on medium to large size projects. The role demonstrates advanced knowledge and ability, applying the competency in new or complex situations and guides other professionals. The role is responsible for execution of all aspects of requirements delivery- planning, elicitation, analysis and documentation, management, and support – for changes to Business Areas and Technology.
Common Agile BA activities:
- Product Backlog Management: Identify, document, and refine user stories to increase the degree of detail relating to acceptance criteria, assumptions, constraints, dependencies. Identify Business Rules and Data Elements associated with the user stories.
- Document test scenarios for user stories where necessary.
- Lead and facilitate collaborative refinement sessions with your squad (tech, product and design team) to gather feedback and ensure common understanding of requirements
- Understanding of Current State: Understand current state from a business perspective and to a lesser degree, from a technical perspective. Operational impacts will be understood in coordination with the Product Owner and Journey Operations Lead.
- Assist Product Owner in decomposing Epics into User Stories
- Build and maintain a repository of reusable requirements documentation in Confluence to support future initiatives, following the enterprise standards
- Assist Product Owner’s in managing risks, assumptions and constraints for requirements, and communicate to appropriate parties
- Provide guidance and support to build the capabilities of the junior BAs and participate in the BA Chapters, encouraging knowledge sharing and learning across the entire BA practice
- Sprint admin: Digital maintenance of sprint activities and user stories in JIRA
Must Have Skills:
- 8+ years of experience as a BA/BSA
- 3+ experience on an Agile project
- Proven ability to gather Business requirements and Systems requirements independently
- Experience in Online banking / Mobile banking
- Strong knowledge of Requirements methodology (planning, elicitation, documentation) – both within Agile and Waterfall project frameworks
- Excellent attention to detail, analytical thinking, and gap analysis
- Demonstrated experience with user stories, business and system specifications, business context diagrams and business process maps
- Experience working on large projects over $2 million
- Excellent communication skills required; will be working with business stakeholders and IT stakeholders; Experience facilitating a large roomful of stakeholders (15–20 or more).
- Excellent collaboration skills, and highly adaptable
- Bachelor’s Degree in related discipline
- Systems analysis, API management, UI-to-Services data mapping, and documenting business and system solution requirements
Nice to Have Skills:
- Previous RBC experience
- Experience in Online banking and mobile banking digital products
- Experience with Accessibility requirements
- Experience writing BDD Feature Files
- Certified Business Analysis Professional (CBAP) or Project Management Institute –Professional in Business Analysis Certification (PMI – PBA)
- Masters Certificate in Business Analysis
- Communication skills, written and verbal
- Analytical skills
- Experience working with project teams
- Presentation skills
- Facilitation and elicitation skills