We are looking for a Business Analyst! Reach out if you are interested and feel free to refer friends/colleagues!
Type of Employment: Contract
Title: Business Analyst
Term: 9 months contract with extension
Location: Toronto – Hybrid once a week on-site
Job ID number: C1262
Brief Description of Duties:
- Business group: Prime Services, Collateral Management & Funding Engineering (PACE)
- Project: T+1 project – Looking for Business Analyst with development background on Prime Services Data Interface (PSDI) team in PACE group with good communication skills. PSDI is a central operational data store and data warehouse for the Prime Services transaction processing systems The role requires understanding of Securities Lending business with the ability to work within a team of Business Analysts and Developers and work closely with business users and vendor for deliverables.
Typical Day in Role:
- Work closely with business stakeholders in the Prime Services business in understanding business requirements and work closely with vendor for deliverables.
- Analyze and document business and functional requirements as per business needs.
- Must be able to test and analyze data as part of data testing using various tools such as Microsoft Excel, SQL tools etc.
- Analyze and understand the deliverables as per business needs and work on the allocated tasks based on priority.
- Work closely with QA for testing vendor deliverables
- Work closely within the BA/Dev team and QA team as part of system testing.
- The role will provide this person with extensive opportunity to interact directly with securities lending sales-traders in Toronto, NYC, and London and will provide them with unique insight into how hedge funds & prime brokers operate.
Must Have Skills:
- Experience as a BSA (have BA skills+ technology skillsets such as SQL, data analysis, data extraction, etc.)
- Experience of using SQL on databases (including writing SQL queries) such as Oracle, Sybase etc.
- Experience with Securities Lending (within Prime Services) a requirement to understand data being analyzed. (Include products)
- Strong experience working Unix or Linux environment
- Understanding of Software design and software development lifecycle.
- Experience in testing and analyzing data as part of data analysis.
Nice to Have Skills:
- Experience with inventory management, rehypothecation processing a strong plus
- Experience with Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Visio a plus
- Excellent communication skills both verbal and written.
- Strong sense of ownership for system stability and capacity.
- Ability to communicate with key business and technology stakeholders on a daily basis