We are looking for a Business Analyst! Reach out if you are interested and feel free to refer friends/colleagues!
Type of Employment: Contract
Title: Business Analyst
Term: 3 months contract with extension
Location: GTA – Remote
Job ID number: C1239
Brief Description of Duties:
- Working with the delivery teams and Data Office on identifying data sources, mapping data flows, outlining data and payload models, clarifying transformation logic and influence data model development.
- Responsible for translating customer requirements into an architecture and design that will ultimately constitute the blueprint for the solution. Key requirements will be on identifying the correct sources for technology data and working with Data Office teams to build standardized data models.
- Work with business users and subject matter experts to conduct needs analysis, gathering, validating, and refining business requirements.
Manage complex data analyses in working with both structured and unstructured data, including collating disparate data sets from many sources.
- Profile and analyze source data to determine the best reporting structures to build.
- Standardize, normalize or de-normalize data sets. Automation, Scalability, and Documentation are front and foremost in your thought process.
- Helps with the process of profiling data and ETL logic for documenting end to end data flow and lineage from capture at source, to storage, to delivery and its business intent at each stage (i.e. capture, transformation, fragmentation, editing)
- Conduct dimensional modelling, metadata management, data wrangling, data cleaning and conforming, and warehouse querying.
- Work with other technology partners to brainstorm solutions to problems and support others in their goals.
- Facilitate technology discussions, solutioning process, decision making, and provide technology mentorship with multiple groups including technology teams and across Scotiabank managers, business stakeholders, and vendors
- Collaborate with internal and external technical resources to develop implementation strategies
- Collaborate with development teams to produce technical specifications and systems integration requirements
- Participate in development of Proof of Concepts (POC) and evaluations of new technologies to address business requirements
- Contribute to driving architecture strategy in alignment with Scotiabank Enterprise Architecture practices
Must Have Skills:
- Experience as a BSA
- Industry experience in Data Governance (Collibra, IBM, Talend, others)
- Experience Data lineage, Data quality, Data modelling and warehousing experience (Collibra, IBM Infosphere)
- Experience of combined experience with relational databases (Oracle, DB2, Redshift, JSON, Hadoop and Hive data structures)
- Experience working in an Agile team environment
Nice to Have Skills:
- Experience with Data Architecture engagements (IBM Architect, ArchiMate)
- Experience with reference and master data management (IBM RDM)
- Experience building data on premises and cloud warehouse solutions Hands-on experience in analyzing and managing performance, redundancy, and capacity of high volume critical online systems
- Extensive experience in designing software architecture, SOA, microservices, API management, data modeling
- Good communication skills
- Presentation skills
- Ability to handle ambiguous situations
- Self-starter type, works with minimal hand holding
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, IT, or relevant technical field
|Job Category||Business Analyst|