We are looking for a Business Analyst! Reach out if you are interested and feel free to refer friends/colleagues!
Type of Employment: Contract
Title: Business Analyst
Term: 12-months – 40 hours/week
Location: Toronto – Hybrid 2-days a week on-site
Job ID number: C1151
Brief description of duties:
The Financial Processes and Modernization (FP&M) department is responsible for delivering world class Enterprise Treasury and Financial systems. The department is a hybrid business/IS organization structure that brings together staff specializing in several disciplines: IS/IT, project management and business and financial analysis skills. Key responsibilities of the area are: business systems analysis, documenting technical specifications, process automation, data governance/quality/maintenance/integrity, application development, supporting global Finance and Treasury process change initiatives and upgrades to the ERP and all other systems.
The incumbent will be part of FP&M Treasury Processes team working on projects involving new or existing applications and processes. Their primary responsibility is to ensure system solutions and related processes support overall company objectives and ensure the integrity and quality of financial data. This involves vendor/in-house application deployment, documenting technical specifications, validating system solutions, onboarding of business processes to ERP, enhancements, steady state support, troubleshooting problems, identifying opportunities for automation, increased effectiveness /efficiency in Treasury processes.
- Provide Business Analysis support by working with the Treasury cash operations to define and refine requirements /specifications, data transformation, process re-engineering, support functional and integration testing, training, implementation and end user roll out.
- Work with the IS development team to explain and clarify the business requirements/specifications and rationale in order to help create solutions that would meet business needs.
- Proactively resolve issues by consulting various stakeholders
- Communicate effectively to all levels of the management to report project status and critical issues requiring their attention
- Create and maintain thorough and accurate project documentation (including functional and technical design specifications) according to the project management methodologies
- Lead testing by preparing required test plans/matrices and executing functional and system integration testing of the application
- Ensure that the issues are identified, tracked, reported and resolved in a timely manner
- Project manage small to medium initiatives (as required) according to the established project management methodologies
- Support ad-hoc analysis to identify root cause of production problems and develop timely solutions
- Steady state maintenance and enhancement of existing production tools / processes
Interact professionally with clients and business areas to provide a high quality of service.
- 5+ years of professional experience in business systems analysis/project management function within Treasury cash management and Finance area
- Ability to work in a dynamic, fast-changing environment
- Capability to independently learn new systems / technology
- Experience in working on initiatives driving process automation
- Aptitude to work under tight deadlines, handle multiple tasks and manage ambiguity
- Possess or working toward professional designation (CMA, CGA, CBAP, PMP)
- Strong attention to detail
- Exceptional analytical, diagnostic and problem-solving skills
- Flexible and adaptable when dealing with change
- Advanced knowledge of Excel (pivot tables, functions, etc.), PowerBI, PowerApps and data marts
- Comfortable analyzing and organizing large volumes of data
|Treasury cash management