We are looking for a Business Analyst! Reach out if you are interested and feel free to refer friends/colleagues!
Type of Employment: Contact
Title: Business Analyst
Term: 6-months – 40 hours/week
Location: Toronto – Hybrid 1-2 day a week on-site
Job ID number: C1134
Brief description of duties:
Story Behind the Need
Request for technical business analyst who can work under the FX Code Of Conduct program, which is comprises of industry standard guidelines to monitor FX transactions. The program will provide automation to Trade Floor Supervision’s manually intensive processes that involve internal and external systems.
Candidate Value Proposition
- The successful candidate will have the opportunity to work with cutting edge technologies such as Cloud, Power BI, MS Power Platform, and will be working within the FX domain.
Typical Day in Role:
- The technical business analyst will create detailed specification documents that will be leveraged for the build.
- The resource will also work with the functional BA, business, and source system BA to analyze the data.
- Communicating with front office, Power BI cloud engineers, Power Platform engineers, FX vendor technology groups, and other internal resources.
- Creating user stories
- Creation of technical requirements, documents, listing, data mapping between source systems.
- Perform data analyses from both internal and external sources (including Wall Street Systems and Order management Systems)
- Work with engineers and technical delivery manager to define scope
- Collaborate with business users and functional business analyst to translate the business requirements into detailed technical requirements
- Draft user stories and acceptance criteria in parallel for system integration testing
- Gather any new technical requirements specific to other regions
- Assist the project team to create reports of testing results
- Leverage knowledge of quality assurance best practices
- 6+ years of Capital Markets Front Office Technology Project Business Analyst Experience
- 3+ years working experience in FX and Fixed Income, with experience in the following asset classes/products being asset: Commodities or Equities
- General knowledge of front to back processes for Trading, as well as knowledge of FX Trading and relative applications, e.g., WSS FX, Kondor +, other industry FX systems
- 5 + years of hands – on Database knowledge, using Oracle and SQL
- Good working knowledge of Agile project delivery, creation of user stories and acceptance
Nice to haves:
- Worked in Trade Floor Supervision, Compliance Trade Surveillance, or Market Risk projects
- Experienced with Order Management Systems (one or more of: Celer, Fidessa, ION, etc.)
- Hands on knowledge of Power BI is added advantage
- Nice to have architecture and data mapping experience
- Nice to have cloud / Power Platform experience (Azure preferred)
- Nice to have project management skills
- Good communication
- Detail orientation
- Takes initiative
|Job Category||Business Analyst|
|Capital Markets Front Office Technology Project Business Analyst||6+|
|FX and Fixed Income||3+|
|Database knowledge, using Oracle and SQL||5+|