We’re looking for a Business Analyst! Reach out if you’re interested and feel free to refer friends/colleagues!
Type of Employment: Contract
Title: Business Analyst
Term: 6 months + extension
Location: Remote, for now/ Toronto
Job ID number: C1240
Brief description of duties:
Senior Business Analyst (Systems) to work within the client Delivery Team. The successful candidate will be responsible to gather and produce system requirements, oversee multiple projects (E2E), provides an analysis on a variety of projects related to client Residential Services, and evaluate how the introduction of new and innovative solutions for delivering products and services will impact the client Residential domain.
The Business Analyst Systems will be expected to:
- Work closely with clients to write Systems Requirements based on approved Business Requirements; work with vendor(s) to elaborate on alternatives to satisfy the System Requirements.
- Review and evaluate the vendor (s)’ work deliverables (SDS), to ensure the System Requirements are met; provide input to the Test Plans and Deployment Plan; review and sign off on test cases
- Provide SFT & Normalization Support to drive a zero-defect project launch; partner with vendors/Businesses to prime and resolve defects and ensure alignment
- Provide leadership and guidance to cross-functional project team members and liaise with various functional domains (Technology, Operations, Development, Marketing, Sales, etc.) to maximize the likelihood of project success.
- Coach & mentor direct and non-direct reports (project team members)
- Communicate relevant/high-quality project information to project team members, sponsors, and executives.
- Input to Risk Management, Change Management, Quality Assurance, and Deployment
- Partner with PM to manage Risk management and Change Management
- Actively participate in identifying solutions or initiating appropriate escalations where required
- Respond to issues and manage the customer’s expectations regarding any changes throughout the project life cycle
- Drive innovation and simplicity – ability to identify opportunities and drive process improvements, standardization, and enablers to gain efficiencies in project delivery life cycle.
- A minimum of 5-7 years experience in either a business analysis or technical capacity. Proven ability to manage large-scale and complex projects, lasting 6 to 12+ months in duration, requiring cross-functional teams of 20 or more people in a matrix environment to deliver.
- Strong knowledge of business analyst methodology and best practices (e.g. IIBA), proficiency using Project Management Tools including MS Office products (Excel, Word, PowerPoint) and MS Project, and strong understanding of the Project Life Cycle. BA Certification is desirable but not mandatory
- Proven facilitation, planning & organization skills
- Proven leadership skills to negotiate, motivate and manage large teams
- Strong coaching and leadership skills – experience with direct reports
- Ability to manage ambiguity, uncertainty, and changing priorities
- Previous IT experience or exposure
- Knowledge of any of the following client IT Systems will be an asset:
- OrderMAX, OMF
- Tapestry, TLC, SIMPLe, MDM, Walled Garden
- TV Systems
- Legacy Ordering (Genval, BCRIS, etc.)
- Knowledge of other system areas outside of ordering such as billing, provisioning, and field services
|Job Category||Business Analyst|
|Business analysis or technical capacity||5+|
|Business analyst methodology and best practices||5+|
|Project Management Tools including MS Office||5+|