We are looking for a Business Analyst! Reach out if you are interested and feel free to refer friends/colleagues!
Type of Employment: Contract
Title: Business Analyst
Term: 6-month – 37.5 Hours/week
Location: Toronto – Hybrid
Job ID number: C1185
Brief description of duties:
- Analyze raw data to create insights, opportunities and make recommendations supporting delivery of marketing campaigns and communications
- Gather, analyze and document business requests, issues, and requirements
- Collaborate with development team to deliver long term flexible and expandable BI solutions
- Investigate data/process anomalies; propose and implement solutions to improve data accuracy and performance
- Support ad-hoc requests and investigations in a timely manner and suggest/implement solution
- Collaborate with team members to enhance expertise
- Help maintain the integrity and security of the company database
- Bachelor’s Degree or higher in Computer Science, Mathematics or other bachelor’s degree equivalent from a recognized educational institution;
- Minimum of 2 years of experience in a role involving gathering and documenting business requirements (BRD, SRS, SDS) and data analysis.
- Understanding the basic principles of working with large and complex data sets.
- Practical hands-on SQL experience in creating complex queries.
- Self-motivated team player with a strong work ethic and the ability to multi-task with changing priorities
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Excellent English communication skills required to work well with business users, other analysis teams, development teams, and IT teams
- Ability to work under tight deadlines and pressure while delivering within given budget
- Solid interpersonal skills with the proven ability to work with minimal guidance
Nice to haves:
- Experience in the following areas would be considered an asset:
- Experience with SAS, Teradata and/or Oracle, Hadoop, and IBM Campaign suite of tools
- Experience with BI and data warehouse technologies
- Experience in technology companies and/or telecom networks is a strong asset
- 3+ years SQL experience
|Job Category||Business Analyst|
|Documenting business requirements (BRD, SRS, SDS)||2+|