We are looking for a Business Analyst! Reach out if you are interested and feel free to refer friends/colleagues!
Type of Employment: Contract
Title: Business Analyst
Term: 12-month and half contract
Job ID number: C1157
Brief description of duties:
EDC’s customer industry information is at the core of how EDC identifies risks and makes decisions. To this end, EDC is implementing the North American Industry Classification System (NAICS) across multiple operational and financial systems. With a common, modern standard we will enable informed and effective risk monitoring, analysis and strategic decision making.
To realize these benefits, the industry standardization initiative has prioritized 10 outcomes to deliver through year-end 2023. EDC’s current multiple industry classification schemes will need to be retired and ongoing governance will need to be established to ensure updated industry data accessible by multiple LOB’s and systems.
The Business Analyst will support these efforts by:
- Working with colleagues and stakeholders to gain an in-depth understanding of critical business requirements and processes,
- Conducting tests, surveys, and workshops,
- Writing reports and making presentations,
- Analyzing data models to deliver logical conclusions,
- Having strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Liaison between the business community and technical teams
- Work with the business to elicit, analyze, communicate, validate, and translate business requirements into documentation and conceptual design from which solutions, including changes to business processes and information systems are developed
- Apply analytical abilities and specialized expertise to synthesize information and design solutions that leverage and extend business applications and services.
- Apply creative and critical thinking and diagnostic ability to gather client’s functional and non-functional requirements and business rules using various elicitation and facilitation techniques. Consider multiple options, analyze alternatives, and select the one that best supports the business need and technical reality.
- Play a prominent role in working with subject matter experts and end-users to understand business needs, also to identify and monitor dependencies.
- Apply a variety of data and process modeling techniques to describe business information requirements.
- Contribute to the data strategy with business needs, feasibility, and execution approach to achieve outcomes
- Pro-actively recognize where solutions impact related applications or data/information integrity.
- Gather and document complex Business rules and processes supporting risk management activities and decision frameworks.
- Lead informative well-organized presentations and facilitate sessions to review requirements and identify gaps; ability to bring others to agreement around a set of ideas to achieve the goal or bring about beneficial resolution.
- Deliver clear, complete, and usable documentation that the client can validate to support the sign-off process and is useable for the technical project members to deliver the solution.
- When required, support testing activities of designed solutions to ensure alignment with original Business requirements.
- Data analysis and data querying to ensure data needs are identified from the business scenarios
Conduct planning and change management activities:
- Coordinate, plan and manage project-level analysis deliverables by determining the best approach to use for gathering, validating, and prioritizing requirements based on the nature of the project, risks, and complexity.
- Identify and resolve any issues created by changing requirements.
- Collaborate with Business Technology Product Owner to clarify features and user stories and support backlog prioritization and grooming activities.
- Execute requirements management activities while remaining flexible to changing requirements and project deadlines.
- Promote EDC’s business analysis best practices.
- Anticipate, prepare, and respond effectively to change, creating an open, receptive work environment.
- Share industry best practices and tools to create a positive climate and stimulus to encourage long-term learning and development for personal growth and growth of others.
- 10+ years direct experience providing Business Analysis services
- 5+ years experience in process improvements
- 5+ years experience in data analysis
- 5+ years experience in BA roles in complex IT environments
- Excellent understanding of various delivery methodologies, with strong experience working as part of an Agile or Scrum team.
- Excellent investigative and analytical skills. Ability to translate broad, strategic intent into tactical plans and directions.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills. Ability to communicate with both business and technical audiences. Strong listening skills.
- Strong understanding of how technologies can enable business opportunities.
- Ability to simplify technology / data communications for business consumption
- Strong relationship management skills, including facilitating group sessions and displaying leadership within a project team.
- Strong problem-solving skills.
- BA Certification such as Certified Business Analysis Professional™ (CBAP®)
- Excellent Microsoft Office 365 skills especially Excel.
- Experience and/or formal training and/or certification in Microsoft Azure (ADO)
- Experience in data mining.
- Experience in an Insurance or Financial Services environment
- Experience with Financial Crimes Risk Management
|Job Category||Business Analyst|
|Business Analysis Services||10+|
|BA roles in complex IT environments||5+|