We’re looking for a Business Analyst! Reach out if you’re interested and feel free to refer friends/colleagues!
Type of Employment: Contract
Title: Business Analyst
Location: Remote for now
Job ID number: C1009
Brief description of duties:
IT Business Solutions group, a team of dedicated IT consultants that oversee customer relationship management, business analysis, product and project management utilizing best-in-class software to support the client’s customers. Working directly with business partners and IT Solutions Delivery to manage and drive application enhancements while aligning with the direction of the Enterprise Project Management Office. The Solutions Consultant II collaborates with business leads and subject matter experts to implement tactical and strategic software solutions. At this level, the incumbent implements and supports systems with multiple and more complex dependencies involving a financial component, the higher requirement for real-time processing, more complex processes, and have a greater risk to the organization.
- Works with business leads and subject matter experts in the implementation of tactical and strategic software solutions. Plans and conducts third-party software analysis as needed for inclusion in the project solution.
- Create business process and data models using best practice techniques and tools such as MS Visio, including current and future state solution design documents.
- Understands and communicates the technical and architectural complexities of a technical solution so those project stakeholders can easily understand.
- Arranges and facilitates requirements discussions including interviewing SMEs, shadowing key end-users, and collaborating with business leaders to define and document solid functional requirements for new solutions or enhancements to existing applications and reports.
- Recommends approaches to streamline and integrate technological processes in the organization to improve overall efficiency
- Communicate requirements to the IT Solutions Delivery Team to obtain the necessary time and cost estimates (documentation, development, UA/QA testing, deployment, etc.) as well as any anticipated issues and risks.
- Performs impact analysis of proposed solutions, assesses the impact of changes/enhancements to various accounts/users, understands variances in implementation by account and identifies opportunities for standardization.
- Translate business requirements and user stories into functional use cases for tool implementation.
- Define acceptance criteria and create test data for IT solutions by considering all possible outcomes of the use cases.
- Obtains business sponsor approvals on all business requirements and estimates, where applicable, prior to proceeding to the next stage in the project in accordance with IT process and audit requirements.
- Conducts systems implementation, and coordinates user acceptance testing and sign-off. When assigned, assists with the development of high-level plans for completion of Requirements and Acceptance phases of projects, improving the level of detail and accuracy of estimates over time.
- When assigned, contributes to the development and execution of testing, including coordinating system and acceptance testing.
- Reviews defects arising from testing, including User Acceptance Testing, and works with stakeholders to resolve them.
- Provides guidance with the definition of a defect as a Change Request or bug.
- Contributes/creates user guides, reference manuals/ training materials as appropriate.
- Supports the Request for Information (RFI) or Request for Proposal (RFP) with vendors if required.
- Contributes to the team knowledge base with best practices, lessons learned, concepts, and solutions documents.
- Possesses a deep understanding and problem-solving ability of IT of various scales, degrees, and dimensions of complexity.
- Performs analysis of reported production problems, determines impact and priority, and recommends corrective actions.
- Soft Skills will close this.
- Strong Requirements gathering and documentation using user stories in Azure DevOps
- BI team and project knowledge
Nice to haves:
- Knowledge of BI including data flow, ingestion, transformation, tabular models, and cloud software.
- MS Shop experience
|Job Category||Business Analyst|
|Requirements gathering and documentation using user stories in Azure DevOps||4-5|
|BI team and project knowledge||4-5|