We’re looking for a Business Analyst! Reach out if you’re interested and feel free to refer friends/colleagues!
Type of Employment: Contract
Title: Business Analyst
Location: Remote for now – Toronto
Job ID number: C1294
Brief description of duties:
The role is responsible for overseeing the development and day-to-day operations of the Trade Management processes as it pertains to the Bank’s derivatives trading platform.
Supporting the Front back-office trading lifecycle while also gathering requirements and planning out the ongoing evolution of the system. This involves:
• Providing support to the Business and prioritizing deliverables with front and middle office teams to plan out monthly sprints. Excellent time and relationship management will be required to manage upcoming deliverables and user expectations for each release. The result of which must be articulately communicated to the Development team and outlined in JIRA tickets.
• Requirements gathering and documentation for existing and new processes/systems developed within the Trade Management stream. This encompasses BA, Dev, and User inputs to flesh out documentation which can then be stored and shared via Confluence. Requirements gathered for new initiatives will also have to be stored in JIRA tickets on a per-issue/feature/change basis.
• Creating Test Cases and fully running through scenarios to ensure results match up with business expectations and that releases are bug-free. Typical production releases are conducted once per month on Friday night, which will occasionally require the applicant to stay late to conduct post-implementation checks and provide updates/support for downstream systems.
• Gather business requirements from capital markets and treasury users across front, middle and back offices
• Analyze business requirements, and provide system designs and solutions with consideration of pros and cons
• Translate system solutions into development specification
• Design and execute test cases to meet business expectations
• Drive communications between users and developers
• Prioritize initiatives with consideration of system component interdependency
- 5+ years of capital markets experience
- Knowledge of derivative products in rates, equities, forex, and credit in capital markets space (proven through recent relevant experience)
- Understand full software design, development, and test cycles (proven through recent relevant experience)
- Excellent data analysis skills including SQL commands (minimum 5 years’ running commands)
- Good communication skills who can describe complex business and system concepts in a clear and efficient way
Nice to haves:
- Experience in capital market front office trade booking and risk systems
- Nice to have previous migration project experience in capital markets and/or treasury space
- Hand-on experience in MarkitWire, WSS FX, or other vendor derivatives platforms preferred
- Unix / Shell Scripting experience is nice to have
|Job Category||Business Analyst|
|Data analysis skills including SQL commands||5|
|Derivative products in rates, equities, forex and credit in capital markets||5|