We’re looking for a Business Analyst! Reach out if you’re interested and feel free to refer friends/colleagues!
Type of Employment: Contract
Title: Business Analyst
Location: Remote, for now,/ Toronto
Job ID number: C1283
Brief description of duties:
The Business Systems Analyst maintains a “business perspective” through project delivery and systems enhancement phases. Business Systems Analysts work closely with their business clients and other stakeholder departments to understand business needs, opportunities, and requirements. Working in a team environment, the Business Systems Analyst is responsible for:
- Representing their client’s business requirements.
- Defining and designing the business functionality of the system.
- Ensuring that the system meets the defined business requirements and delivers value to stakeholders.
The Business Systems Analyst and the Project Manager, Architect, and Lead Developer form a project leadership team positively contributing to the team environment by acting as a leader, mentor, and guide to the entire project team.
Within the client Analysis Community of Practice, the analyst strives to be a strong and participating member where they hold each other accountable to become a best in class option for our business partners and provide top tier benefits and services by adhering to the following principles:
- Simplify the complex and effectively communicate both Group Customer Technology (GCT) and business visions
- Value integrity by embracing honesty and maintaining strong principles
- Maintain a high level of technical and business knowledge
- Provide guidance and leadership to our projects and account teams
- Establish credibility and trust across our team and business partners
- Defining and maintaining business architecture through conceptual business models
- Defining business problems/opportunities, providing a clear definition, and performing benefit analysis
- Performing business and systems analysis and design, articulating the logical design alternatives, and recommending appropriate solutions
- Performing functional analysis and design, defining and documenting detailed business requirements, and leading the usability perspective of the project
- Performing software development activities where appropriate
- Working with Quality Assurance (QA) team members to ensure adequate testing, and that the system meets business expectations by establishing the full traceability of test strategies, plans, and test cases back to business requirements.
- Contributing to training strategies and business implementation planning
- Providing leadership to business partners and team members
- Participation within the Analysis Community of Practice to promote and develop the Business Systems Analyst role
- Being actively aware of the Summary Role Profile for the Business Systems Analyst related to performance assessments
Qualifications and Competencies:
- Post-secondary degree or equivalent experience in Information Technology
- Good understanding of business principles and experience with a broad range of different types of business functions;
- Understanding of Agile project methodologies, processes and practices, and experience with functional systems analysis and design
- Strong business process modeling skills, logical data modeling skills, and object-oriented skills;
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills that rely on a structured approach to problem-solving;
- Progressive technical experience in one or more of the following areas:
- Oracle PL/SQL
- Effective internal consulting skills with a strong customer service orientation;
- Communicates in a clear and concise manner, both written and verbal, that is appropriate for the audience;
- Good interpersonal skills and a demonstrated ability to work effectively in a team environment;
- Able to pivot and quickly change direction in response to changing priorities while effectively performing under pressure;
- Effective planning and organizational skills
- Good understanding of information technology/information systems.
- The desire for continuous professional development to ensure best in class offerings
- ETL/Data warehouse project experience
- Data modeling
|Job Category||Business Analyst|