We are looking for a Bilingual Risk Consultant! Reach out if you are interested and feel free to refer friends/colleagues!
Type of Employment: Contract
Title: Bilingual Risk Consultant
Term: 6-month – 37.5 hours
Location: Montreal – Remote
Job ID number: C1222
Brief description of duties:
Our Financial Risk Management team is looking for a Senior Consultant specializing in Third-Party Risk Management to join our Montreal Financial Risk Management team for a 6-month contract with possibility for extension. The candidate will be responsible for identifying and assessing risks relating to the operational and business management processes. This includes policy, governance, risk management, reporting and the Third-Party Risk Management Tool.
work closely with the risk management team on major projects and contribute to business development. The incumbent will:
- Be responsible for supporting the Third Part Risk Management practice and mandates in identifying and evaluating potential/recognized risks related to operational, business administration, and third-party endeavors, engaging business areas to raise awareness and recommend measures to prevent loss and mitigate exposure and developing analytics and reporting for clients.
- Assist clients in identifying and reporting/ escalating potential areas of risk
- Build Third-Party Risk Management (TPRM) program
- Build day to day management of risk activities for the TPRM Office
- Maintain segmentation, risk assessment tools and due diligence requirements and processes
- Implement TPRM Tools (ie. ARCHER, Risk metric, service now)
- Assure appropriate documentation is recorded in the TPRM Tool (e.g., risk filtering and assessment results, due diligence materials)
- Build or enhance dashboards used for ongoing monitoring of vendors; analyze, brainstorm approach of adding new vendors to dashboard/portfolio
- Build process for monitoring information quality, management, and access for TPRM activities
- enhance due diligence/ screenings of suppliers against sanctions lists.
- Monitor TP performance metrics, periodic reviews and follow up on business participation
- Perform ad-hoc research and benchmarking
- Participate in several different types of mandates involving non-financial risks (operational risks, business continuity, third party risks etc.).
- Analyze and minimize risks associated with outsourcing to third-party vendors or service providers.
- 2-5 years of relevant work experience in Third-Party Risk Management
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in Finance, Management, or a field related to risk management.
- Professional certifications related to risk management an asset.
- Good knowledge of regulatory requirements and best practices in operational risk (Basel Accords, AMF, etc.).
- In-depth knowledge of the implementation of the operational risk management framework (governance, risk identification and assessment, controls, indicators, etc.).
- Knowledge or experience in the implementation of the three lines of defense model.
- Customer oriented to understand the issues and propose value-added solutions.
- Initiative, autonomous, self-starter personality
- Strong analytical skills, rigor and ability to synthesize.
- Excellent presentation and communication (Verbal/Written) skills in French.
- Ability to build and maintain relationships with different stakeholders
- Knowledge of MS Office software.
- Computer skills, dashboards, data analysis and programming an asset
- Attention to detail, ability to manage multiple undertakings at the same time and focus on priorities
- Experience working successfully in a multicultural environment
- Experience working in a Financial Institution is an asset
|Job Category||Risk consultant|
|Third-Party Risk Management||2-5|