We’re looking for a Big Data Solution Architect! Reach out if you’re interested and feel free to refer friends/colleagues!
Type of Employment: Contract
Title: Big Data Solution Architect
Location: Remote for now – Toronto
Job ID number: C1308
Brief description of duties:
- Contribute to the development of the overall architecture of the Hub platform and supporting technologies including data management platforms, information access, and health information applications;
- Provides architectural direction for the project and required architectural artifacts such as conceptual architecture, logical architecture, physical architecture, etc.
- Providing technical leadership to the project development team and supports the team with the development of required artifacts such as Technical Design Document
- Works closely with business stakeholders to ensure the solution is aligned with business requirements
- Participate in business requirements facilitation sessions and identifies and documents architectural significant requirements.
- Researches evaluate and recommend additional technologies for the solution if needed
- Formulate strategies for identifying and designing reusable components
- Reviews Data Models in accordance with business requirements and alignment with conceptual, logical, and physical architectures
- Provide oral and written briefings throughout the project to appraise the Project Manager and management team as to the status of activities, challenges, and project risks.
- Adhere to CIHI’s standards, methodologies, and processes.
- Supports implementation of Hub data lake processing pipelines and analytical data assets in the Hub environment that includes AWS platform (S3, Redshift, Redshift Spectrum, Glue, Athena, EMR) and Informatica Data Management platform (BDM, EDC, Axon);
- Collaborate with technical and business staff in the development of architectures and during implementations
- Ensures interoperability, performance, and scalability, reliability and availability, data consistency, cost-effectiveness, and technological risks are all addressed in the architecture;
- Ensure solutions are documented and communicated effectively for their intended audiences;
- Leverages CIHI strategic plan, goals, objectives, policies, and procedures in creation of enterprise architecture deliverables;
- Develops reference architectures for various architecturally significant business scenarios and conducts reviews to ensure their implementation.
- Experience in building, testing, and optimizing ‘Big Data’ data ingestion and processing pipelines, architectures, and data sets
- Solid exposure to new Cloud paradigms and AWS technologies and services
- Deep knowledge of architecting, designing, developing, troubleshooting, and tuning Spark applications
- Hands-on experience in Python and PySpark
- Experience developing architectures using AWS Data Lake services (i.e. Glue, S3, Athena, EMR)
- Experience with Big Data tools/technologies like Hadoop, Spark, Spark SQL, Kafka, Sqoop, Hive, S3, and HDFS
Nice to heaves:
- Extensive experience in the development of reference architectures for medium or large organizations, preferable in the Healthcare space
|Job Category||Solution Architect|
|Building, testing, and optimizing ‘Big Data’ data ingestion and processing pipelines, architectures and data sets||8+|
|Python and PySpark||8+|
|Developing architectures using AWS Data Lake services (i.e. Glue, S3, Athena, EMR)||5+|
|Big Data tools/technologies like Hadoop, Spark, Spark SQL, Kafka, Sqoop, Hive, S3, and HDFS||5+|