AWS Cloud Engineer
Posted 1 month ago
We are looking for a AWS Cloud Engineer! Reach out if you are interested and feel free to refer friends/colleagues!
Type of Employment: Contract
Title: AWS Could Engineer
Term: 6-months – 37.5 hours/week
Location: Toronto – Hybrid
Job ID number: C1159
Brief description of duties:
- Provide expertise in AWS cloud platform.
- Provide design, build and support for cloud environments to create solutions for Public Health domain.
- Provide expertise on Linux operating system like Red-Hat including installation, troubleshooting, hardening and scripting to automate.
- The role will monitor and assess the performance of applications in a cloud environment to ensure solutions are available
- Participate to create, test and implement safeguards to maintain data integrity and protect against unauthorized access
- Regularly review production logs, providing analysis & suggestions to implement measures in a proactive manner
- Hands-on experience with microservices and distributed application architecture, such as containers, Kubernetes, and/or serverless technology
- Provide detailed documentation for system design, integration, configuration, development and implementation of related activities
- Develop and maintain system design models, technical documentation and specifications
- Produce integration plans, inputs into configuration and development project.
- Creation, management, and maintenance of AWS & related cloud-based production system.
- Deployment and automation of packages forcloud-based system
- Ensuring availability, performance, security, and scalability of AWS & related production systems.
- Excellent knowledge in managing AWS resources and configuring Amazon VPC, AWS Firewall, Amazon Elastic Load Balancing, auto-scaling, AWS IAM, Amazon EC2, Amazon S3, Amazon API Gateway, AWS Lambda, Amazon Aurora DB, Amazon Redshift, Active MQ, AWS CloudTrail, AWS CloudWatch, and other services in the AWS family.
- Knowledge of the following Amazon Web Services (AWS) technologies – Amazon Connect, Amazon Pinpoint, Amazon DynamoDB, Amazon Kinesis Data Streams and Amazon Polly
- 5+ years working experience of Unix/Linux operating systems like Solaris and Red-Hat including installation, troubleshooting, hardening and scripting to automate
- 3+ years with administration of Kubernetes and Docker container solutions
- Proven implementation of cloud security models, particularly identity, network, and encryption
- Knowledge of Gitlab or other DevOps tools and CI/CD integration
- Knowledge of Salesforce solution and MuleSoft API integration
- Provision of critical system security by leveraging best practices and prolific cloud security solutions.
Nice to haves:
- Salesforce experience
- Previous ministry experience
|Job Category||Cloud Engineer|
|Unix/Linux operating systems||5+|
|Administration of Kubernetes and Docker container solutions||3+|