AWS API Developer
Posted 1 year ago
We’re looking for an AWS API Developer! Reach out if you’re interested and feel free to refer friends/colleagues!
Type of Employment: Contract
Title: Azure ML Support Engineer
Term: 12-month Contract – Toronto
Location: Remote for now
Job ID number: C1019
Brief description of duties:
- Work with development teams from project initiation through to production implementation in a consultative role
- Provide status updates on assigned project deliverables;
- Work with application support teams to ensure API environment availability through effective proactive monitoring and prevention to avoid unplanned outages;
- Ensure API failures are handled effectively and resolved in a timely fashion. Analyze dumps, traces, and logs in order to determine the root cause of specific problems;
- Identify and prioritize enhancements to existing API’s and ensure execution per plan;
- Work with team leaders and team members to determine best value service improvement opportunities. Actively seek opportunities to increase customer satisfaction;
- Ability to define, document, implement, and operate repeatable, well-purposed processes;
- Identify assumptions, constraints, and anticipate and manage risks;
- Design services, applications, and/or API functional and non-functional requirements are considered (i.e. security, compatibility, and maintainability).
- Work with team members to prioritize and manage your own workload in order to deliver quality results and meet timelines.
- Support a positive work environment that promotes service to business, quality, innovation, and teamwork and ensures timely communication of issues/points of interest.
- Provide Integration testing support and production support when necessary
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in computer science, engineering, or a related field
- Demonstrate understanding of the Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC), Quality Assurance requirements, and software development control and release procedures
- Design and development experience building APIs and Application Integration solutions.
- Knowledge in API Connect implementation of REST APIs, SOAP APIs, also API standards such as YAML and Swagger
- Experience in using Postman/SoapUI or other REST service testing & development tools
- Demonstrate hands-on experience in AWS core integration stacks, including but not limited to API Gateway, AWS Lambda, AWS Step Functions, AWS DynamoDB, AWS API Gateway, AWS Serverless stack, AWS S3, AWS SNS, and SQS, SSM, IAM; Dynatrace, Cloudwatch Cloud Formation, X-Ray, etc
- Demonstrate knowledge of different database technologies, including RDBMS and No-SQL.
- Experience with DevOps, CI/CD automation: AWS DevOps Pipeline CI/CD process, DevOps tool JIRA, BitBucket, Bamboo, would be an asset
- A self-starter possesses complex problem-solving skills with an ability to manage multiple priorities
- Is able to adapt and quickly develop an in-depth technical understanding of new/different applications
- Exhibits solid communication skills, both written and verbal
- Demonstrate independence and team player
|Job Category||API Developer|
|API development using Nodejs, python or java||3+|