Type of Employment: Contract
Title: Automation QA
Term: Contract – 6 months with extension
Location: Hybrid from Toronto – 3 days a week
Job ID number: C1313
Brief Description on Duties:
- Identifies opportunities for automation within software processes
- Designs and executes QA tests using scripts that automatically test functionality.
- Designs and writes test automation scripts
- Utilizes test automation frameworks
- Investigates problems in software as a result of testing
- Works with QA analysts and software developers to find solutions
- Provides advice on the testing strategy, test plans, the selection of testing tools, and the identification of resources required for testing.
- Plans and organizes testing efforts for large systems in Graphical User Interface (GUI) and non-Graphical User Interface (GUI) environments, including the execution of systems integration tests, specialized tests, and user acceptance testing (e.g., stress tests).
- Proficient in Cloud technology, Agile & DEVOPS.
- Experience identifying opportunities for automation within software processes.
- Experience designing and executing QA tests using scripts that automatically test functionality
- Experience running tests for databases, systems, networks, applications, hardware and software
- Experience identifying and documenting bugs and quality issues in development, service or business processes.
- Experience installing applications and databases relevant to automation
- Experience collaborating with stakeholders to understand how automation can improve workflow and creating documentation
- Experience gathering and documenting requirements from end-users to develop the best automation solutions
- A team player with a track record for meeting deadlines, managing competing priorities and client relationship management experience
- Experience in planning, organizing and implementing testing efforts at the specified experience level
- Experience executing functional tests, non-functional tests and systems level integration tests
- Experience supporting user acceptance testing and participating in UAT activities
- Experience in quality assurance and testing, including AODA testing, integration testing, load testing, performance testing, etc.
- A team player with a track record for meeting deadlines
- Knowledge of one or more automated testing tools
- Knowledge and experience in at least one programming language
- Experience in the use of information retrieval packages
- Knowledge and understanding of Information Management principles, concepts, policies and practices.
- Knowledge and understanding of Accessibility for Ontarians with Disability Act (AODA) and related regulations and standards
- Experience planning and organizing testing efforts for both large and small systems
- Experience coding automated test scripts to produce sets of automated test cases
- Experience testing Commercial Off-the Shelf Applications (COTS)
Experience and Skill Set Requirements
Evaluation Table – Automation Developer (Intermediate)
Automated Testing Skills 40%
- Extensive experience with automated test tools – HP Unified Functional Testing (UFT), Microfocus Load Runner 12.5, Katalon, Nightwatch, and Selenium
- Experience in the use of performance testing tools – Microfocus Load Runner 12.5 and J-Meter
- Extensive Experience with ReadyAPI\Postman
- Experience with automated testing methods in an object-oriented environment – DevOps and Agile
- Experience with providing organized automated application testing to accommodate development and implementation efforts to remediate issues
- Experience with automated API testing
- 7+ years of experience in process, planning, organizing, and implementing testing efforts
- Extensive experience in test automation development
- Extensive experience with test management tools on one or more platforms such as Microfocus ALM 12.5, Microfocus Octante, Jira, and Azure DevOps
- Experience conducting AODA compliance audit and remediation
- Demonstrates working knowledge of the testing process and the Software Development Lifecycle (SDLC), including Agile and DevOps
- Experience with creating, reviewing, and executing test strategy, test plans, and test cases
- Experience with providing identification and the resolution of problems and issues
Technical Skills 25%
- Experience with Waterfall, Agile, and DevOps methodologies
- Experience with Cloud technology (Microsoft Azure)
- Extensive experience with AODA compliance audit tools
- Extensive Experience with automated test tools Katalon, Selenium, Microfocus Unified Functional Testing (UFT), Microfocus Load runner 12.5,
- Experience with Siebel (RLSO – Registration Licensing System of Ontario), EDSI, and other Ministry applications
- Knowledge of Licensing and Control System (LCS) and legacy mainframe systems
- Experience with Payment Gateway MPG/EPS services
- Experience with mainframe tools such as TSO/SPF
- Experience with SOAP UI, WEB Services, API, OPA, and Java technologies
- Experience with IMS/DB2/SQL/Oracle Databases and UNIX
- Experience with the .NET platform
Soft Skills 5%
- Excellent analytical, problem-solving and decision-making skills.
- Strong organizational, creativity and perseverance skills.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills; interpersonal skills.
- Proven track record for building strong working relationships.
|Job Category||Performance Tester, QA Automation Engineer|