We are looking for an Automation Lead! Reach out if you are interested and feel free to refer friends/colleagues!
Type of Employment: Contract
Title: Automation Lead
Term: 12-month – 37.5 hours
Location: Remote – Anywhere in Canada but required to visit office once per quarter
Job ID number: C1216
Brief description of duties:
- Assessing the team automation needs and finalize the tools for common use.
- Create an automation strategy for the Front-end and Backend applications.
- Build the automation framework that best suits the teams.
- Automate assigned areas/features and provide the test estimations, build automation scripts.
- Responsible for designing effective test cases to bring test optimization.
- Support the implementation of the automation Program and overall quality process and standards through continuous test execution and reporting.
- Define the test automation metrics that can drive quality across teams.
- Leverages the existing automation frameworks, tools and artefacts to ensure the testing process is continuous, comprehensive and fully autonomous.
- Hands-on experience in .NET and Selenium testing platform, code reviews prior to automation code deployments, integration test automation.
- Closely work with the Application Development team as one team to integrate quality engineering mindset/concepts within the Azure DevOps framework/pipeline.
- Work with Development Chapter Lead across the transformation office to identify E2E application changes to drive quality and automation strategies during testing.
- Responsible for technical coaching, mentoring, training, and day-to-day interaction with a team of QA/automation engineers, and developers and driving test case development for projects.
- Typically requires 6-8 years of hands-on test automation related experience
- Good knowledge of Testing Life Cycle, Shift left approach and Defect Management processes for application support and development.
- Good knowledge with quality Processes, Methodologies and Test Design techniques with hands-on experience on ADO, Share point and Confluence.
- Strong problem solving, design, and analytical skills and out-of-the-box thinking coming up with creative solutions on testing approaches in critical timelines.
- Strong experience in building an End-to-End test automation framework.
- Experience in a variety of test automation frameworks/tools e.g., (SpecFlow, SoapUI, Selenium, TestNG) and script development using scripting languages (e.g., Selenium, Python, Bash, etc.)
- Hands-on coding experience in .NET, Selenium, or any other programming language
- Advanced knowledge of industry practices with a focus on Agile, DevOps, environments, and test integration.
- Excellent communication skills and effective negotiation skills.
|Job Category||QA Engineer|
|Experience in a variety of test automation frameworks/tools||6-8|