We are looking for an Automation Engineer! Reach out if you are interested and feel free to refer friends/colleagues!
Type of Employment: Contract
Title: Automation Engineer
Term: 6-month – 40 hours
Location: Toronto – Hybrid on-site 2 days a week
Job ID number: C1057
Brief description of duties:
Our client is looking for an Automation Developer/Data Quality Engineer who can write code to automate testing of data as it is moved to target systems within the organization through ETL processes using Data Factory. The person must work with data and understands how to test data, with experience in data warehouse / ETL testing including data transformation and data ingestion and cloud data platforms (Azure).
They do not have automation tools that they use. They will be developing the automation using SQL, Python, Data Factory so this resource will be of the development variety and not of the QA variety. The Data Factory run requires webhook for calling.
They will automate the execution of tests, compare data sets, and then send log results.
- Seeding data, executing tests, storing results
- Automation for regression testing, test suites, unit testing
- Will need to test against the ETL process and data warehouse for reporting.
- They need to have experience with Azure Data Factory in order to stitch together automation with tools like ADF (Azure Data Factory).
- Programming experience in Automation of data validation and testing
- Strong SQL
- Strong Python
- Azure and Azure SQL
- Data Factory
- Data Warehouse
Nice to haves:
- Experience with investment-related applications (Eagle, Bloomberg, MSCI BarraOne, Mpower, Murex, Sophis, Charles River)
|Job Category||Automation Engineer|
|Automation Engineer/Data Quality Engineer||3+|
|Automation of data validation and testing||3+|