We’re looking for an Application Support Analyst! Reach out if you’re interested and feel free to refer friends/colleagues!
Type of Employment: Contract
Title: Application Support Analyst
Term: 12-month Contract
Location: Remote for now – Toronto
Job ID number: C13402
Brief description of duties:
- Identify and resolve medium to highly complex production problems for support of applications
- Deliver within IT General Controls and IT Application Controls required for Financial Systems.
- Identify root cause and define actions to eliminate reoccurrence of problems.
- Manage, support, and resolve complex vendor and proprietary technical issues in a calm and efficient manner.
- Evaluate service requests to ensure adherence to standards and processes, identify inconsistencies while analyzing potential impacts of problems.
- Successfully prioritize and manage multiple requests, projects, and activities typically working under pressure.
- Effectively communicate problems and resolutions in a high-stress environment.
- Escalate technology issues appropriately.
- Identify proactive solutions for recurring technology occurrences to benefit the business.
- Provides troubleshooting and maintenance of data, interfaces, and communications links as necessary to ensure operational availability.
- Devises and/or modifies procedures to solve the most complex technical problems related to integrated systems.
- Recommends changes and/or enhancements at the application level to management, clients, and other support areas.
- Respond quickly as per the SLA (Service Level Agreement) to acknowledge and update the status of any production problems.
- Determines the source of the problem versus the symptoms, with the ability to quickly assess the magnitude and implication of the problem.
- University degree OR college diploma in Computer Science OR equivalent work experience.
- Experience in application support or development.
- Knowledge of Enterprise Billing systems, ServiceNow ticking system.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Excellent communication skills both verbal and written – clear and concise manner.
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Works well under pressure to meet specific timelines in a multi-task environment.
- Commitment to providing quality customer service!
- Team player!!
- Knowledge of server-based OS (Wintel / UNIX / etc.), FTP (standard communication protocol used for the transfer of computer files from a server to a client on a computer network.), Shell Scripting, .net, SQL, Databases (Oracle / SQL), integration platforms (Tibco, MuleSoft), Mobile apps (IOS), monitoring tools a plus.
|Job Category||Application Developer|
|Billing systems, ServiceNow ticking system||Asset|