We are looking for an Application Engineer! Reach out if you are interested and feel free to refer friends/colleagues!
Type of Employment: Contract
Title: Application Engineer
Term: 12-months – 37.5 hours/week
Location: Remote – Ontario or Quebec
Job ID number: C1147
Brief description of duties:
- Responsible for architecting next-generation, cloud-native products, and applications
- Collaborate with global architects, Canadian Architecture, Operations and Security teams to design, deploy and maintain cloud solutions.
- Collaborating with internal the client ITS Audit support team as well as the client global audit team to implement, support, manage, administer the client audit suite of applications. Provide guidance and input into the application from an infrastructure perspective to leverage cloud native services
- Collaborate with technical teams on defining cloud architecture standards and best practices, providing consistent recommendations and oversight to team members
- Understand digital strategy, cloud platform capabilities, IT and business priorities and success measures to design implementation architectures and solutions
- Ensure that solution exhibits high levels of performance, security, scalability, maintainability, appropriate reusability, and reliability upon deployment
- Develop deep relationships with key customer IT decision makers, who drive long-term Cloud adoption within the firm to enable them to be Cloud advocates
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, related STEM field or work experience
- Architecting and designing Cloud solutions
- Microsoft Certified: Azure Solutions Architect Expert preferred but not required
- Prior work experience in a Consulting/Architecture position within a software and/or services company such as Amazon, Google, IBM, Oracle, and professional services firms would be an asset
- Troubleshoot incidents, identify root cause, fix, and document problems, and implement preventive measures
- Educate teams on the implementation of new cloud-based initiatives, providing associated training as required
- Employ exceptional problem-solving skills, with the ability to see and solve issues before they affect business productivity
- Development experience, experience with DevOps/Agile, scripting & application architecture
- Experience engineering\architecting cloud native solutions
- Strong understanding of Cloud Native Architecture and principles and Infrastructure as Code
- Hands-on experience in designing and configuring secure and scalable Cloud platforms on Microsoft Azure, including account structure, security and compliance audit, connectivity, shared services etc.
- Implementation and Maintenance knowledge of Azure PaaS components Data bricks, Data factory, Synapse and Kubernetes Services
- Knowledge of Cloud services: application integration, functions, databases, data warehouse and analytics, server less computing, machine learning, developer tools, security, and identity management
- Knowledge of and experience in API and Webbook development using PowerShell, Python, Node.js, Ruby, and Shell Scripting languages
- Knowledge of CI/CD Systems, such as Azure DevOps server and Azure DevOps services
- Experience in Cloud automation using, Azure CLI, ARM & Terraform to enable Infrastructure as a Code, AWS CLI, Cloud formation, Ansible, etc.
- Fundamental understanding and experience with DevOps tools and services (Azure DevOps and GitHub)
- Experience and knowledge of Operating Systems including Windows and Linux
- Proven track record in system integration and design and setup of Infrastructure as a service and Platform as a service deployment
- Confidence and ability to lead discussions with clear goals, deliverables, documented agreements and follow up actions
- Ability to participate in fast-paced DevOps and System Engineering teams within Scrum Agile processes
- Significant experience working in Azure. Added experience working with AWS and GCP is a plus.
|Job Category||Application Developer|
|Architecting and designing Cloud solutions||2+|
|Consulting/Architecture position within a software and/or services company such as Amazon, Google, IBM, Oracle, and professional services firms would be an asset||2+|